Chapter 32 ~ The Night Before Christmas

TW: 18+ only! Explicit content and very descriptive/graphic details of sexual scenes in this chapter

(I will probably stop doing these warnings from now on. If you guys have made it this far, you should know what to expect😉)

***

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house-

You get the idea.

Today was Christmas Eve, and after spending the past few days shopping for presents and ball-gowns, it was finally time to relax and enjoy the holidays.

For everyone else. Not for me.

Being my typical self, I'd left nearly everything until last minute. So here I was on Christmas Eve, sat crossed-legged on the floor of my lounge, wrapping all the gifts I'd purchased, ready for tomorrow.

I was slowly running out of gift wrap, bows and sellotape. I'd lost my patience about an hour ago, but knowing I couldn't turn up with everyone's gifts unwrapped in a plastic bag, I persevered.

"I hope none of those are for me, or I'm really spoiling it for myself right now," a voice said from the doorway.

Looking up to see my Mom's soft features, I chuckled. "No, Mom, you're safe. Your presents are already wrapped and hidden, don't worry about that."

"Good," she teased as she sat on the couch, watching me with interest as I sat wrapping on the floor.

I didn't look at her for a while, trying to focus on not getting my fingers stuck under the tape. Also because it was super awkward any time I was around her lately.

"So, you're staying with that boy tonight?"

"Kai," I corrected, folding the ends of the paper over a small box with a silver feminine-style watch for Caroline inside.

"Right," she murmured. "Kai."

"Yes," I replied simply, tearing off a piece of tape with my teeth. "Tyler and Liv are going to be here which means I won't be."

Mom sighed in frustration. "You and your brother can't still be fighting? It's Christmas, Kayla."

"I'll be civil, since I'm in a festive mood," I offered, smiling as I stuck the tape over the fold I had made. "And by civil, I mean I won't roast his girlfriend in the oven with the turkey and make him eat the leftovers."

"Mikaela!" my mom gasped.

"I'm kidding, jeez!" I assured her with a laugh. Then, after a pause, "Sort of."

"That boy has become an awful influence on you," I heard her voice comment disapprovingly.

By now, I'd lost all patience. "His name is Kai, Mom!" I snapped, finally looking at her. "Why can't you say it?"