Chapter 71

"How much longer do you think this is going to take?"

Severus scoffed, "As long as it takes for someone to get the cup and make it back to the starting point. I imagine there are duels in there, that we cannot see."

Amilia crossed her arms over her chest, "That is a good point. I do not like the idea of students dueling each other without supervision though."

A spark of color lit up the sky, and the audience quieted down as someone ran to the Champions aid. Much to Amilia's dismay, Fleur had already been removed, and she waited with bated breath to see who was the next. "That is Viktor Krum!" A student cried out.

Amilia let go of the breath, her hand over her heart, "Thank the gods." Severus looked at her, surprised. "Well, not in the fact that he is injured or whatever but in the fact that no matter what Hogwarts will win."

"Uh huh." Severus chided playfully. Amilia readied her hand to swat at him and paused. He laughed at her and grabbed her drink, "I will go fill this."

Eventually, Severus returned; Amilia was talking with a student who, when seeing him, turned to leave. "I hope I did not interrupt anything."

She shrugged, "Did anyone ever figure out how Crouch died?"

Severus shook his head, "I think everyone is so focused on the tournament and making sure the safety of the Champions it top priority that his death has been either pushed aside or ruled accidental."

"Oh." She took the drink from him and turned her attention back to the maze. "I am getting too anxious and a little bored."

"So am I, but that is all part of it I suppose." Severus craned his neck, looking at the grass. "Do you want to get closer? We could sit next to Minerva."

"Students were sitting there though."

"Not anymore."

Amilia looked up curiously; Severus jerked his head to the back of the stands with a slight grin on his face. Amilia snorted as she stood, "You did not take points away? How surprising."

"I was more distracted by the thoughts of hiding under there myself after the audience leaves."

Her face flushed as the thought of being nearly naked under the stands crossed her mind. She sat down next to Minerva and offered her some of her popcorn. "I need to know which one of our boys is the winner!"

Amilia and Severus agreed and settled in. The band nearby played, and some of the girls from Beauxbaton cheered and did little dances to entertain everyone. The Weasley family was huddled together, chatting happily with anyone who would listen. "Do you think they have forgiven Granger yet?" Amilia asked Minerva.

"Oh, yes, by now I believe they have. Nasty things the Prophet was saying. I would know if Harry and Hermione were dating."

"Are they?" Severus asked. Both of the women turned to look at him, surprised, "What? I too like to be involved in the gossip."

Minerva laughed and shook her head, "Like i said, I would know. He is quite protective of her but not in that sense."

Severus grunted, adequately pleased with the response. He was not sure how he felt about Harry dating at this point. Still, the boy was coming close to the age where girls were going to be at the forefront of his mind, and the thought of Harry, a Half-blood, being romantically interested in a Muggleborn intrigued him. Would it have turned out differently than how Lily and Severus had? Severus knew that Harry would never call Granger a slur. In fact, he wondered if Harry even knew what it was, to begin with.