13 | risky attempt

Start from the beginning

He raised the tray a bit ,
"May i go now ? It's not good to keep customers waiting "

Her mum laughed and quickly let go of his face , she fixed his son's bangs and smile widely at him .
"Sure , go now . Thank you , Heeseung"

"My pleasure ,"

-

Haru hugged her knees with blanket wrapped around her body.  She just stared blankly at the bedsheet infront of her eyes .

She was already too tired to cry, and what tired her was that she couldn’t sleep for three nights in a row.

The toxic voice ,,

The toxic voice that always pointed out her insecurities. It keep on whispering to Haru about how worthless she is .

Haru felt very tired, she spent her days locked in a dark room and blankly stared at some random corners .

She had a scarf wrapped around her bleeding head caused by her dad . Her dad doesn't want to take her to the hospital otherwise he will be interrogated about what happened to Haru .

The wounds that covered her arms and bruises were complemented by scars that were taped on her face including her body and both legs as well . It was enough to make her dad thrown in jail .

As her dad didn’t want to take her to the hospital, Haru took her scarf and wrapped it around her head, she just let it dry without any proper medication and treatment.

She plucked the dry skin on her lips, her lips starting to bleed as she pulled it hard .

Her door opened, revealimg her dad complete wearing a suit.
"I'm going to Busan three days for a business trip,"

"Make sure you don't leave this house unless you want me to beat you again"
Her dad reminded her .

Her dad left her alone in the dark room without hearing her answer.  She could hear her dad slamming the outside door loudly.

She sighed and fixed the blanket all over her sore body . Haru is alone at home, Hanee is involved in her school camping throughout the holidays.

Haru's mind began to drift away,
"I'm alone ,, ??"

"You're alone , Haru"

"This is the best opportunity! "

"End your torture now !"

"It only hurts for a while but after that you will find freedom! "

Haru shrugged her head , trying to block out all the creepy thoughts in her mind as the toxic voice whispered in her ears repeatedly .

She placed her head on her fluffy pillow and tried to close her eyes
"I just, need a break ,,"

-

It was one o'clock in the morning and Haru woke up from her deep slumber .

She couldn't believe that she slept all day and woke up the next day .

She thought it was amazing that she still woke up even sleeping for so long, somehow she hoped she slept and didn't wake up at all .

But even though she slept, she still felt very tired.  She felt too exhausted . Her energy seemed to be sucked in a little by a little .

All the high expectations, insults, and  injuries that she suffered were enough to make Haru feel scared.  Horror-struck .

Haru got off her bed and stepped into her bathroom.  She approached the sink and splashed the cool water to her face many times to refresh herself .