7 | chosen universities

Start from the beginning

"Cram school , but I don't know that you're busking? " Haru asked in curiousity .
"Did you do it to raise money? "

Heeseung slightly smiled ,
"They are all my friends from middle school.  We do shows just for fun and don't expect money"

Haru pressed her lips and nodded . She opened the lid of the can and gulped it .
"I love your voice"

"It is very melodious and soothing"

Heeseung chuckled and rested his jaw on his palm while staring at Haru .
"Only my voice ?"

"What about me ?"

Haru raised a brow to him ,
"What do you mean ?"

"Instead of my voice , do you love me as well ? "

Heeseung's question made Haru choke.  Apple juice coming out of her nose and made the poor girl scream in pain .

Heeseung became anxious, he immediately patted the back of Haru's body as the girl was still coughing.
"I - I'm just kidding !"

"Please don't take it too seriously"
Heeseung said to Haru with a tiny smile .

Haru nodded and patted her chest , her nose still hurts when the fluid flows out of her.  She felt numb for a while.

Sighing, Heeseung took out a handkerchief from his pocket and held Haru's chin .

He brought Haru's face closer to him and wiped her wet face. 
"Sometimes, you get really clumsy"

He gently rubbed Haru's soft lips with the handkerchief that made Haru's heart beat fast .

Her face immediately turned red , she pushed Heeseung's hand away and wiped her own lips with her sleeve .

Heeseung chuckled and kept his handkerchief , he rested his hand on the bench and leaned back. 
"How, Haru? Have you found the right path?"

"Whether you want to live like your dad wants or do you want to live your own way? "

Haru remained silent, she didn’t know how to tell her dad that she didn’t want to take medical major when in university .
"Do you think it's okay? "

"What if I hurt my dad? "

Heeseung shook his head ,
"Every dad wants the best for their daughter.  The important thing is that you try to tell him "

Haru hummed , she flipped the juice can in her palm "I'll try"

Heeseung smiled proudly, his hand smoothly moved over Haru's head and patted it with full affection .
"When you've said it to your dad, call me and tell me what his reaction is"

-

Thursday arrived quickly, Haru and her dad were in the teacher's office with Mrs. Cheon .

Mrs. Cheon took out Haru's report card and proudly showed it to her dad
"Mr. Jung, take a look at Haru's report card!"

"Her result was very brilliant, she deserved to enter Seoul National University with scores like this"
Mrs. Cheon did not stop praising Haru which caused the girl to smile shyly.

Her dad took Haru's report card and examined it.  Haru looked towards her dad from the side and played with her fingers nervously as her dad looked like it would erupt at any moment .

Her dad slammed Haru's report card to the table that took Mrs.Cheon by surprised . Her dad folded his arms and crossed his legs .
"With this result, do you think my daughter can survive in SNU? "