Tʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

Melanie pov:

"I hate when you drive." Nick said, watching me turn on the car, "Welcome to the vlog!" I clapped, staring at the camera on my phone, "Stop staring at the camera-"

"S-Shut up, we're supposed to b-be having brother and sister time." I said, pulling out of the driveway, "How can we when you're gonna kill us?" He retorted, "Like yo-your driving is better, you hit a parked car once, a parked car!" I scoffed, "Fair point, just be careful." He said I drove out of the neighborhood, "What should we eat?" He asked me, and I shrugged, "Anything i-is fine." I said, "Let's just get Canes." He said, going back on his phone.

"So, Melanie, any updates on your relationship?" Nick asked me, giving me a grin, "Well, not much really, oh! Last night, I-I was on the phone with Ranboo and we were talking about how if we were to meet th-that he would laugh at me when we see each other." I chuckled, Nick choked on his water, "What? Why?!" He laughed, "So-So, you know how I'm 5'3 an-and Ranboo is 6'6, he was talking about how many short jokes he was gonna make about me, and I was just like, what the hell?" I laughed, "Honestly if you ever go see him, I'm gonna laugh at that height check." He said, I rolled my eyes.

I turned off my video, and turned on the car to make our way to the store, "Hey, have you talked to his parents?" Nick asked me, and I nodded, "Y-Yeah, they said I could, and mom already said that I can stay with them as long as they're fine with it." I said, making a turn, "And how are you gonna tell him the day he leaves to go back to California after being in the UK?" He asked me, and I shrugged slightly, "I-I still don't know how, but hopefully I will tell him when the time comes." I replied, pulling into the parking lot, "So, are we gonna go to the store?" He asked me, I nodded.

--------------------

"Can we get cupcakes?" I asked Nick, I point my phone to him, and he shook his head, "You have your own money." He said, looking at the price, "Please...I'll pay for th-them." I said, "Will you pay for the other things?" He asked me, "Fuck no, you ass hat." I exclaimed, "You do this every time." He sighed, "Pl-Please...I'm in the mood for cupcakes." I whined, and he sighed, "Fine but you better pay me back." He said, grabbing the box of cupcakes and putting them in the cart.

"Guys, gu-guess what time it is?" I spoke to my phone, "It's 3:44 pm." He said, I look at Nick, "I'm gonna slap you." I laughed, and he joined in the laugh, "It's brother and sister st-story time." I said, "No, It's now 3:45 pm." He said I pushed him into the car door, "Stop." He exclaimed, I laughed.

"So, we have decided that we're gonna tell you the story of the time that I had forgotten Melanie at Best Buy and didn't realize until we got home." Nick said, grabbing a cupcake from the package, "So, I-I was I think seven at this time." I chimed in, "So, our parents planned on going to best buy to get a new t.v since ours had broken due to reasons we promised we won't bring up." He looked at me, I choked on my food, remembering what happened, "Anyway, we went to Best Buy and my parents put me in charge of Melanie, and this was at the time where I was like in my quote-unquote phase where I was such an asshole to Melanie and she was only seven and she never and I mean never fought back because she assumed I was playing with her." He started, "T-To cut it short, he was the reason I got le-left behind." I stated.

"I'm not even gonna deny that cause it's true." He added, "So, Melanie wanted to go see the video games and so I took her, we were in the game section for like 20 or 30 minutes since she kept complaining about wanting the games, I saw one of my friends from school and so when I looked at Melanie and told her hey, Melanie, I'll be right back, she nodded and told me she was gonna stay there." He looked at me and looked at the phone, "She didn't listen, I was talking to my friends and that went on for an hour, my dad called me and told me we were leaving, so I said goodbye to my friends and left, completely forgetting Melanie but I didn't realize until I got home." He said.

"It's my point of view now, I-I was looking for Nick everywhere and I couldn't find him, so, I started looking for my parents and I couldn't find them anywhere, eventually a wor-worker found me and they told me to give them my parent's number to call them, so, I waited, and waited."
"Back to me and we were in the car, we had gotten home and we went inside and thirty minutes of being at home, I was in my room, my dad comes in and keep in mind it was like 9 or 10 pm now, my dad comes in and goes we have to go back to best buy, and I was like why he goes we forgot your sister in the store and on the employees and automatically he stares at me and goes why the hell did you leave your sister, we gave you one job to take care of her and you screw that up." He said.

"I-I see my parents and Nick pull up to the s-store and I run to Nicky-"

"Guys, she runs to me and she doesn't yell at me or-or punch me, she says the most adorable lines that made me regret what I did that day, you know what she said?" He paused.

"She said...Nicky, you came back for me, I was really scared." He said, "Did I say that?" I asked him, he nodded, "Aw." I said, hugging him.

𝙀𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙: 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝘼𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩 15𝙩𝙝, 2022
𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙧 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠: 𝙉𝙤 𝙀𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧𝙨
꧁𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟶𝟾𝟷꧂