Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

3rd pov:

Tubbo could tell Melanie was eager to talk to Tommy, and so was Tubbo, they had made their way to Tommy's house while doing so, and they talked about many things, they talked about meeting up again, talking about how Melanie's birthday was a few months away, how they were most likely and hopefully gonna meet up again.

Tubbo knocked on the door, "Coming." He hears someone call, knowing that it was Tommy, the door opened a few moments later, and an irritated frown went onto Tommy's face when he saw Tubbo, "What do you want?" He asked the two, "To talk, clear the air, are you fine with that?" Tubbo said calmly, "Not with you." He retorted, "Stop being mean to Tubbo, just talk to us." Melanie said, he looked at her, "Fine, Come in." He motioned them to come in, soon following Tommy to his room.

Tubbo and Melanie sat down on Tommy's bed as he sat down on his chair, "Tommy, why'd you lie?" Tubbo asked his friend, Tommy stared at them, sighing, "It just slipped out okay? I didn't think it would get to Melanie, but why did you tell Ranboo?" Tommy glared at Tubbo, "Tommy, all you did in this mess is confuse Melanie and leave Ranboo upset, you knew he likes her and then you lie that you two are dating just because you kissed?" Tubbo sighed after, "Don't push my question away! Why'd you tell him?!" Tommy scolded, his voice starting to rise, "Tommy! Stop!" Melanie exclaimed, "I can't lie to Ranboo, or you, or anyone, I had to tell him the truth." Tommy rolled his eyes, "You had no right." Tubbo nodded, "I know, Tom, I know."

Melanie stayed silent, not knowing whether to intervene or not, Tubbo looked at Tommy, "You took advantage of the fact that she likes you, Tommy, but she never said that she wanted to be in a relationship, Melanie likes both you and Ranboo, she's confused, how do think she feels right now? You're here arguing with me, while she's trying to figure out who she wants to be with, ruining her mental health in the process." Tommy looked at Melanie, she could see the guilt in his eyes, "Tommy, the only reason I told Ranboo was that he was confused, you were acting weird and I told him why and from there I just kept telling him, I'm sorry, he was just...A tiny bit jealous, but that's no excuse for me telling him about our private conversations, and I do apologize, I don't want to lose your trust or friendship, you're one of my best friends." Tommy felt tears brimming his eyes, trying to blink away his tears, wiping them with his hands.

"Jealous?" Melanie spoke up, Tommy and Tubbo looked at you and then at each other, "Ranboo likes you, a lot, it did take him a while to figure out his feelings but...He likes you." Tubbo said she was feeling happy, the boy she liked, loved, and felt the same feelings for her, "Really?" She questioned the two boys, Tubbo nodded, Tommy, doing the same with a frown on his face, "Tubbo..." Tommy spoke, Tubbo turned his head to Tommy, "Yes, Tommy?" Tubbo replied, "I'm sorry for being such a sick to you, we still friends?" Tubbo smiled, tackling the boy in a hug, "Always best friends, big man." He stated, Tommy, hugged him back before the two soon broke apart from the hug, "Tubbo, can you leave me and Melanie to talk?" He nodded, standing up, "Bye M." Tubbo spoke, she nodded at him and smiled.

The two were left alone, the silence resting with them, nothing was said, they just stared at each other, waiting for one to speak, "Tommy, I-"

"Melanie, me first..." He paused, grabbing her hands, he looked up at her, he hated that he had to do this, but he didn't want to but it was the only way, he had to let her go, no matter how much it would hurt him, he had to, he had to let her be happy with who she wanted "Tommy..." He looked at her, giving her a sad smile, "Melanie, I don't deserve you, I don't...You are always there for me and everyone, I like you, I do but, I can tell your feelings for me aren't the same mutual feelings as the feelings that you have for Ranboo." She saw his eyes getting glossy a little, "Tommy-"

"Ranboo..." He paused, giving her a small grin, a tear rolling down his cheek, "He would be lucky to have you as a partner, you're amazing, beautiful, funny, you always care about others and I just hope Ranboo can make you happy." He said, Melanie, wiped the tear that went down from his eye, "My feelings could change in the future but for now, I have to let you go." He smiled through his tears, and the two hugged each other, soon pulling away, "I feel wimpy for crying in front of a woman." He stated, Melanie, giggled through her tears, "I-Its okay, besides...MelanInnit will still be a thing but in a best friend way." She said, "You friend-zoning me is just more awkward." He said chuckling as he wiped his tears, "Melanie." She looked at him, "Call him, clear everything up." He demanded, "A-Are you sure?" He nodded at her, she let go of his hands, standing up and leaving his room, he sighed shakily, wiping his tears.

She had arrived at George's house, heading towards his room, she closed the door, taking her phone out of her purse before dialing Ranboo's number, she waited for him to answer, with a few rings, he had answered, "Melanie, I don't-"

"Ranboo, let's get one thing straight, I like you, no, I love you, the times I've always been confused about my feelings for you and Tommy, I mean, Tommy is amazing but, he's not you, Ranboo, you like me for me, not for anything else, you don't mind my stutter, you don't mind my imperfections, Ranboo, even though you're probably mad at me, I don't care, I just want you to know that I love you Ranboo, you're my best friend, but I want us to be more than that."

Ranboo didn't know what to say, letting out slow ragged breaths, "What-What about Tommy? Don't you like him?" He asked her, she sighed, "We're not together, Ranboo, we never were," Ranboo felt happy inside, his heart racing, "He told me to do this, he said if being with you makes me happy then I should just tell you, Ranboo...I want us to be together." She said, a smile rising onto her face, "Melanie...I like you too, I mean I'm still a little unsure about the L word, I know you're gonna let me take my time with it, 'cause you're a good person, and I feel the same way about being more than friends." He said to her, she smiled, "Really?"

Ranboo got hesitant, then spoke again, "Melanie...Will you please be my girlfriend?" Her stomach filled with millions of butterflies, and she felt as though she was gonna probably faint, "Ranboo...I would love to be your girlfriend."

————————

"Aw, Melanie, that's adorable, I am so happy for you." Niki told her, "Thank you, I-I just can't believe it still, the boy that I've liked for so long has finally turned into my boyfriend." She sighed, falling back on the bed, letting out a dreamy sigh."

"Congratulations, Ranboo, this means you won't die lonely forever." Wilbur joked, "Okay, whatever." He remarked, "I'm happy for you Ranboo." Tommy said, "Thank you, Tommy, are you sure you gonna be okay?" Ranboo asked him, "I'll be okay, I'm happy that she's happy to be with you, besides, we agreed on only being friends."

"MelaInnit, a friendship duo, what would be Ranboo and Melanie's ship name?" Wilbur said, "What about Relanie? Manboo? Melanboo!?"

"Jeez, let's just stick to separate names," Tommy said, cringing at Tubbo's attempt to mix Melanie and Ranboo's names.

"What about Ranie?" Tubbo said, "Ranie? Kinda sounds like Granny." Tommy said before laughing.

𝙀𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙: 𝘼𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩 9𝙩𝙝, 2022
𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙧 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠: 𝙉𝙤 𝙀𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧𝙨
꧁𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟹𝟾𝟻꧂