Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Ranboo pov:

After Tommy got done chasing Big Q around, they had come back after running around the map, Tubbo was done making the stage that Tommy told him to finish, "Here you go guys." Tubbo placed oak stairs next to each other, "Go on and sit." He told us, I got on the stair slab and crouched, Melanie, doing the same, making her character crouch and uncrouch, "Tonight's show will be performances by TommyInnit, Tubbo, and Quackity, enjoy the show." Tubbo announced Melanie and I clapped in reality.

"Hey, any couples in the audience?" Tommy said, obviously referring to Melanie and me, "Not that we know of." I said, "Okay, sure." Quackity retorted as he laughed, "Go on with the th-the show." Melanie hit the air, jumping around before she crouched, turning her character to look at me, "We are going to sing a song...A Bruno Mars song." Quackity said.

"I Love Bruno Mars!!!" Tommy screamed, making Quackity groan, "Why? Just why are you so loud?" I said playfully, "Shut up and listen to us sing, you friend stealer." We burst out laughing.

We hear a faint song from Quackity's discord, it was Melanie's favorite song from Bruno Mars, "I-I love this song." Melanie said, I smiled a little, I felt something in the pit of my stomach, as if my mind was trying to tell me something, but I wasn't letting it for some reason, it felt like a swarming of emotions, blood rushing to my face, I never knew what this feeling was, I only understood it now, it only happened when I was with Melanie, maybe Sapnap was right;

I do like her....

Melanie pov:

I watched and laughed as Tommy and Quackity attempted to sing the song the best they could, nothing also that Ranboo was being quiet, I crouched and uncrouched in the game, turning to Ranboo's character, he looked at me, jumping up and down, crouching after, "I sit by myself!!!!" Tommy sang, making me snort, "Talking to the moon!!!!" He dragged, I burst into a fit of giggles, hearing their attempts to sing.

Once they were done, I clapped for them, "G-Good job." I cheered, "Thank you, Melanie, did you like the singing Ranboo?" Tommy spoke, "It was Okay, I guess." He said, "Okay!!! I am an amazing singer, you fucker!!!" He yelled.

———————

Even though it wasn't supposed to be a real date, I had fun, but I felt kinda hurt because all I could think about was how Ranboo was just thinking of it as a joke, I sighed, I got out of my bed, leaving my room, I closed the door, going towards my brother's room, I could hear him talking, I knocked on the door, "Come in." I heard faintly, I opened the door, "Are you streaming?" I asked him, he nodded, "Oh, I-I'm sorry,"

"No, it's fine, pull up a chair or something." He insisted, "Are you sure?" I asked him, he nodded, I pulled a chair up, sat down, and laid my head on his shoulder as I watched him play.

Ranboo pov:

I laid in bed, staring at the ceiling in the dark, lost in my thoughts, trying to figure out what I was feeling, maybe what I was feeling had always been there, at least I think so, I'm so afraid to know how I feel about Melanie, she's a good friend of mine, even though I say it many times, I can't bring myself to believe it, I want to make myself believe it though, I don't want to ruin anything, I don't want to ruin it because if we ever were to date and we break up, it would be awkward trying to stay as friends, I hate myself for having feelings, especially if it came to close people that I keep around, I got my phone out, going to Tubbo's contact.

"Hello?" He answered, "Tubbo?" I spoke softly, "Yes Ranboo?" He said, "I need help..."

Melanie pov:

"Nick, I-I just don't get what I'm doing wrong." I spoke, he turned his chair to me turning off his monitor since he had ended stream, "Well, I still think you should tell him how you feel, it wouldn't be that bad, he likes you back." He said, "I...I don't know, Nick, I mean I don't want to make things awkward if we dare but end up breaking up." I replied, slumping into the seat, "Melanie...How does he make you feel?" He asked me, and I smiled to myself, "W-Where do I even start..." I blushed.

"R-Ranboo, how do I start to describe how I feel about him, everything I love like his deep, mysterious grey eyes, the way he never mentions my stutter, or do I start on how he makes me feel as if I'm on a thread, and if I were to lose him, I'd lose balance, Nick, this boy, he makes me feel like I'm on cloud nine, when I first met him, something in my stomach told me he was different from other boys, Ranboo is sweet, charming, he's funny, he has the most beautiful smile that gives me butterflies..." I trailed off, smiling to myself.

"Every time I see him when I lay my eyes on his eyes, I see myself, I see me and him together, married, with a family, I-I don't know, it all sounds cheesy but... not to me...Nick..." I paused, looking up at him, "Yeah, Melanie?" He spoke, "I think I love Ranboo..." He sighed, "It's about time."

Ranboo pov:

"Tubbo, what do I do?" I asked him, "I don't know, I'm still a bit taken back from that whole speech you gave me..." He said, I sighed, "Tubbo, I don't know how to understand my feelings right now." I rubbed my eyes, sighing after, "Why don't you call her?" He asked me, "I-I don't know, I guess I'm more comfortable talking about my feelings for her to you than Melanie herself." I started as if on cue, she was calling me, "Tubbo, she's calling me, what do I do?" I said, "Answer it, dummy." He said, hanging up.

I looked at her contact, answering the phone.

"Hey, Melanie." I smiled.

"Ranboo, I think I love you..."

She hung up, my heart dropped, I'm barely beginning to find out how I feel for her, I like her, she loves me?? I sat in the awkward silence, not knowing whether to call her back or text her, I am so confused right now...

𝙀𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙: 𝘼𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩 1𝙨𝙩, 2022
𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙧 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠: 𝙉𝙤 𝙀𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧𝙨
꧁𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟷𝟷𝟷꧂