Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

Melanie pov:

What did I just do!? Why would I do that? I had to hang up, I couldn't bear the embarrassment, what if he were to reject me? Or laugh in my face? Maybe he would say it back? Who am I kidding? I already did that by telling him I love him.

I belly flopped onto Clay's bed, groaning loudly, "I don't know what to do now?" I spoke, the sentence coming out muffled, "Yeah, you fucked yourself over with this one." He patted my back, I whined into the pillow as he rubbed my back, "I-I can never face myself to Ranboo." I stated, looking up from the pillow and looking at Clay, "Well, what are you gonna do? Disappear from the face of the earth?" He said, "Is that an option? Or..." He shook his head, I groaned, "Well, what did he say?" He asked me, "He didn't get to say anything, I-I hung up after." I said, face planting onto the pillow again, groaning, "I feel like shit." I grumbled, "Well, get a grip, we have a lore stream to do today." He pushed me, I looked up from the pillow again, sitting up and facing him, "Y-Yeah but, I can't face him after that." I groaned again, "Kill me please." I said.

"Sorry, I need you here still, You're the only person I like, of course, besides George, Sapnap-" I cut him off, looking up at him, he shut himself from saying anything else, knowing that I got the message, "I get it," I grumbled, falling back on the pillow.

Ranboo pov:

"She what?!?" Tommy yelled, startling me from the burst, "I know, and now, I don't know what to do." I said, "Well, you better think cause lore is tonight and we can't make things awkward in this lore." Sapnap said, "I know, I know-"

"Wait, wait, wait, let me get this straight, Melanie called you when you were talking to Tubbo, you answer, and then she says she loves you and then hangs up??" He asked me, confused about this whole mess that I had explained to them, "Yes, and now I don't know what to do or feel about this situation, I mean, I barely just found that I like her but now my brain is trying to process everything." I sighed, slumping down on my chair, "I mean, it takes time, she started liking you like 2 weeks after I first introduced you guys to her." Sapnap said, "Really?" I asked, "Yeah, at first, she didn't like the thought of having people around since she was used to people leaving her, or being alone, I mean, she always had a hard time talking since she hated talking when all that came out was stutters." Sapnap said.

"I don't mind her stutters, her stutters are the thing that makes Melanie, herself, I like everything about her, I just...I don't know if I'm at that level to tell her that I l.o.v.e her, I barely just found out my feelings for her, I don't think I'm at that rank to say it back to her." I frowned, "Well, I suggest you talk to her, the lore is tonight and we don't want the people that are watching to ask questions on why you two are being awkward towards each other, now, go on, go talk to her." Tommy said, shooing me off, I left the call, putting my face in my hands as I groaned, "Christ, what am I gonna do?"  I mumbled to myself, I looked at my phone, going to my messages.

Melanie pov:

I watched in pure terror as my phone rang, seeing the id caller, it turned off again, for the third time, I sighed in relief, my phone dinged, I looked at my phone, seeing the text, making me sigh.

Ranboo👑

Ranboo: Hey, please call me back, I think we need to talk

Read at 12:49 pm

I tossed my phone to the blankets, bringing my knees up to my chest as I sat on the floor, so many emotions in my brain, yet I still feel so alone and confused now, I went towards my phone, turned it on, letting out a breath before calling him back.

Ranboo pov:

I sighed, deciding to give up, I hear my phone ring, I looked at my phone, answering it quickly, "...Melanie?" I paused for a moment, hearing her sigh, "Hi Ranboo." She said I smiled faintly, "...You're right, we do need to talk-"

"I need to talk to you too." I cut her off, "Oh, yo-you go then." She suggested, "No, you can go." I said, "Oh, um, no, please you." She replied, "Okay, on the count of three." I said, she nodded.

"1."

"2."

"3."

"I think we should just be friends." We both said, something in me broke when we both said the same thing, it's like we knew we wanted to say it, yet we didn't want to believe it, I bit my lip, my teeth sinking into my bottom lip.

Melanie pov:

Tears brimmed at my waterline, and with shaky hands, I wipe my firming tears, "Oh." I said, "Sorry, it's just...we have such a good bond going on and I don't want to make things awkward-" I giggled sadly, "I-It's okay, Ranboo, I get it, and I agree." I smiled, respecting his decision, "Are you sure?" He asked, "Ye-Yeah, besides, we've talked and now it won't be awkward in the lo-lore tonight." I said, trying to convince myself that this was okay, "Oh...Okay, well, I gotta go, for now, I'll see you tonight though?" He asked me, "Tonight." I agreed.

I stared at my phone as he hung up, out of frustration and sadness, I threw my phone at the wall, causing it to fall to the ground, most like cracking the screen, it's fine, right? We're still friends, it won't be awkward at all anymore, right? I mean, sure, we agreed, but did we mean it? I didn't, of course, I was upset, but...Did he mean it? I sobbed into my pillow, letting my emotions come out, sobs, cries, wails, all that filled the room, I didn't care who would hear me, Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, "Melanie?" I hear Clay, I looked up from my pillow as he saw my tear-stained face, "Oh, Mel, I'm sorry" He asked me, I sobbed, he got in bed with me, hugging me as I cried on him, he knew I needed this, he always knows when I need moments like this...I can't be upset, I mean, Ranboo and I are just friends...Right?

𝙀𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙: 𝘼𝙪𝙜𝙪𝙨𝙩 1𝙨𝙩, 2022
𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙢𝙖𝙧 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠: 𝙉𝙤 𝙀𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧𝙨
꧁𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟷𝟷𝟹𝟼꧂