Percy Jackson Fan Fiction Part Eighteen

Start from the beginning

                "What are you kids doing out on the side of the parkway?" the man asked us taking a quick look at us from the rearview mirror.

                "We're walking home," Luci quickly made up.

                "Yeah. Got dropped off at the wrong movie theater by the taxi driver," Brianna added.

                "No taxis to take us back so we had to...you know," Roxie finished. The two boys nodded in agreement.

                "You poor things," he cooed, looking at us again but this time his gaze lingered on me. For some reason, where his eyes were supposed to be, it was hazy. It seemed as if he had one eye, and then the next second, he had two eyes again. Creepy...

Luci sat next to me. She suddenly leaned in and whispered in my ear, "I think he's a Cyclops."  I nodded and Luci went to inform the rest of the gang. Finally, after many hushed whispers, we all knew. And I already had a plan formed...

                "Yeah, sir, we live just a mile down the road from here," I started, "You can drop us off so our parents don't give us an earful for driving with strangers."

                "No," he answered.

                "Drop us off. Now," Izzack ordered.

                "Demigods are just so stubborn," the Cyclops said, grinning from ear to ear.

                "Just let us out the car, and we won't have a problem," Brianna tried to bargain.

                "No, is no," the Cyclops barked.

                "At least, pull over so we can talk about this," Roxie said.

                "Yeah," Luci agreed.

                "I'll pull over when I wanna pull over," he yelled at us looking back. I knew that wasn't good. The Cyclops suddenly swerved and we were off the road. Next to the parkway was sort of like a forest. We ran off the road and straight into there. The ride was definitely bumpy. Strike that, this was better than a rollercoaster!! Most kids would be really scared but I was thrilled!!

                The car finally stopped when it banged into a tree. My head banged against the front of the Cyclops's seat. Ouch!!! Then suddenly I remembered Sunny who was sitting on my lap. I looked down and sighed with relief. That's one smart seven year old. She had ducked and covered her face with her hands so she didn't hit anything. Wow.

                "ARGH!!" the Cyclops screamed in rage. We all took this as our chance. Izzack quickly unlocked all the doors and we all climbed out and ran for our lives. Too late. Three more Cyclops appeared in front of us blocking our path. I reached into my backpack and pulled out four swords. I had packed them just in case we ran into something like this and the demigods we recruited had no weapon. I gave one to Brianna, one to Izzack, and one to Harry. But then I hesitated. Sunny looked up at me with fear in her eyes. I handed her the sword anyway. Just by luck, it was the lightest one I packed. Hopefully she can use it. Then, I pulled out my own sword...and joined the battle.

                Luci had her scarlet dagger out and Roxie had her knife. They were working on one of the Cyclops. Izzack and Harry were managing the second. Brianna was struggling with third while the one who drove the Honda Pilot was nowhere to be seen. I had to help Brianna. She didn't have experience with things like this. So I scooped up Sunny in my arms and ran over to the nearest tree.

                "Climb up and don't come down until I say so," I ordered and gave her a boost. Lucky for me, she was a good tree-climber. When she was settled on what I hoped to be a sturdy branch, I ran over to help Brianna. I drew my sword. Its go time.

                "I ran towards the Cyclops. He was armed with a club the size of Sunny. Gulp. I neared him slowly, cautiously. And scratched the side of his arm with the blade of my sword. And then he turned his attention towards me and ignored Brianna. He wacked at me with his club and I moved quickly to the left. He brought it up as if to bring it down on my head but I dodged. We tried to get me several times but missed several times. I could tell. He was getting frustrated. I glanced over at Brianna who was giving him small scratches everywhere. Probably waiting for me to make the big move. But my mistake. I looked at Brianna, felt a pain in my side, and fell.

-------------------------

So...how was that? I tried to make it as descriptive and long as I possibly could!!

COMMENT AND VOTE!!

Actually, I don't mind if you guys don't comment anymore, just make sure to FAN and if you don't comment, VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!!