The "New" Kid

I was greeted Monday morning with screaming fans. I had to fight my way through the crowd of fangirls just to get to my locker.

"OMG!!! I am SOOO excited!!!" Squealed Lilly.

"Me too!!" Ashley practically screamed in agreement.

"Why?" I deadpanned.

"Because....." Lilly paused looking at an excited Ashley.

"Brenton Thwaites is here!!!!!" They yelled. They then continued to squeal. I just rolled my eyes.

Two years ago, Brenton left school to become an actor. Now he is this big deal actor who was in The Giver with Meryl Streep. He 'suddenly' decided to come back to school and everyone was pretty excited.

Well everyone but me.

My thoughts were interrupted by screaming girls. I looked towards the front doors to see Brenton signing autographs and taking selfies with people.

Suddenly he looked up and made eye contact with me. He gave me his Hollywood smile. I rolled my eyes and scowled as I turned around and shoved my textbooks into my locker.

"What did those books ever do to you?" I cringed at the voice that would have most girls jumping on him. More like under him.

"Go away." I said through gritted teeth. I heard girls gasp like I had just destroyed the Burn Book.

"Oh! Come on B!!" He said playfully pushing me.

"Don't call me that and don't touch me." I slammed my locker and walked away trying to hide my tears.

I rushed into the bathroom, locking the door. I slide my back down the wall as the memories of all the fun times I had with my old best friend. The best friend that I fell in love with. The best friend that was now a movie star.

"B??" I sighed angrily.

"Go away!!"

"Let me in! Please. I just want to talk!" Brenton pleaded.

"I said go away! I don't want to talk to you!" I tried to calm myself down but failed.

"Please, Bianca. Don't shut me out again." He paused. I rested my head against the door. "I miss you."

I slowly stood up and unlocked the door. I pulled it open quickly to reveal a worried Brenton. The boy standing on the other side of the door was not the boy from the tv. It was my best friend.

"Bianca!" He sighed. I immediately broke. Brenton rushed towards me and pulled me in for tight hug. "I am so sorry, B! I shouldn't have left. I shouldn't have left you when you needed me the most." I just sobbed in response.

I took a deep breathe before responding, "Don't blame yourself Brenton. You left so you could follow your dream of being an actor. I'm proud of you, no matter how much I've missed you." I placed my hand on his cheek and rubbed my thumb back and forth.

"Let's go get breakfast!" He says.

"Brenton! It's your first day back! You can't ditch!" I laughed.

"I'm an actor, I can do whatever I want." He smirked.

"Well I can't." I rolled my eyes. I walked to the mirror, fixed my makeup and picked up my books. "I should get to class before the bell rings." I started to walk out but Brenton stopped me.

"Please, B. I want to catch up. Please." I looked at him to see he pulled his puppy dog eyes out from under his sleeve.

I sighed. Those puppy dog eyes get me every time. "Fine!" He jumped up and grabbed my hand.

The rest of the day we sat in a small diner and talked. After two hours, I decided to ask the one question that had been bothering me since he first showed up here.

"Brenton?" I asked stirring the bubbles in my drink.

"Yeah B?"

"Ummm..... It's been nice having you back. I've missed you. But ummm.....when do you have to go?"

I hesitantly looked up to see Brenton looking at me sadly. "I'm on break until the summer."

My heart broke. "That's only a month away......" He nodded sadly.

Suddenly, a smile spread across his face. "What if you came with me?"

I looked at him in shock. "You.....you want me to come with you?"

"Yeah! You will have already graduated school and I can find you a job or you can go to a school in LA. You wouldn't have to find an apartment. You could live with me!" He rambled on.

"Brenton....." I interrupted him. The look on his face made my heart skip a beat. "I....I don't know." His face fell.

He reached across the table and grabbed my hands. "B, I know things have been hard on you with your parents kicking you out and everything. I should've been there for you. I should've been the one to take you in. But I wasn't. Let me be here for you. Not just during school. But forever."

I smiled. "Sounds good to me."

He jumped up and gave me a hug. "I promise, I won't let anything happen to you." He whispered in my ear.
-----------------------
Today was the day. The day I left Australia for Hollywood with Brenton.

"You ready?" He asked wrapping his arms around me.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I giggled.

"Come on. Let's get to the airport before people wake up!" I laughed as he pulled me down the driveway. He opened my door for me. Once I was in, he went around to his side.

He put the keys into ignition and started the car. Turning towards me he smiled, "Let's start our next adventure!"