Lost Hope

Brenton's POV

I walked in to find our apartment empty. "Steph?"

No answer.

I locked the door and took of my jacket as I put my keys on the table. "Stephanie??" I called.

I walked around the house praying I didn't find my wife unconscious or worse dead.

"Steph please!" I pleaded as tears of worry welled up.

I heard a soft whimper from our bathroom. I slowly opened the door to reveal Steph lying on the bathroom floor, crying.

"Steph!" I knelt beside her. When she turned her head slightly, my heart broke. Her eyes were red and puffy. As she saw me, she let out a soft sob. Something flashed across her face; pain, sorrow, guilt.

Without a word, she turned back and hugged her stomach.

Her stomach.The look of pain when she saw me. The guilt.

She lost the baby.

"Stephanie." I whispered sadly as I laid next to her. I pulled her into my chest and softly kissed her neck. I rubbed my hand soothingly up and down her shaking arm.

I gently put my hand on her stomach as she covered her mouth and tried to choke back a sob. "Shhh, it's okay Steph." I soothed kissing her head.

She didn't hold back anymore. We laid there, on our bathroom floor for what felt like hours.

Finally once she had steadied her breathe her voice shook. "I...... I lost the baby." She said barely a whisper. "I am so sorry! I know how bad we have wanted to start a family and I screwed up.."

"Hey," I shushed her. "It's not your fault. It's okay. We can try again."

"What if we can't? What if..... What if I can't have kids? What if I can't help you start a family?"

"Come on, Steph," I sighed. I stood up and gently picked her up, not knowing if anything hurt.

I gently placed her on our bed and pulled the covers up to her chin. I walked around took off my shirt and got in next to her. I snaked my arms gently around her torso and pulled her close to me.

Before I began to talk, I turned her over to look at me so she could see the seriousness in my eyes. "Listen to me Steph, I love you. You are my family. You are my world. All I need, all I want I have right here in this bed with me. I am happy. Are you?" I looked into her eyes deeply.

I reached up and caught a tear with my thumb. A smile slowly made its way to her lips. "I love you too," she whispered.  I pressed my lips to hers gently.

When we pulled apart, I wrapped by arms around her tightly. "You are all I need, Steph. Don't loose hope."

The first chapter to my new story Help Me Through This is up so please oh please go check it out! Thanks Lovelies!!