The Interning Producer

Brenton's POV

We were currently on set for The Giver. Everyone was rushing around trying to get things set up. Today was the first day of shooting. The craziest day of all.

"I am so sorry, Brenton! Give me like five, ten, twenty minutes tops. Then I can finish your hair." Taylor my hair and make up girl for this movie said rushing about.

"No problem," I shrugged, turning back to my phone.

"What?!" I looked up to see a frantic Phillip. "How come you're make up isn't done?!"

"Taylor has been doing Odeya's." I said trying to help calm his nerve.

"Can anyone else fix Brenton's hair?!" Phil turned around and yelled. I tried really hard not to roll my eyes.

"Ummm I can." Said a small voice. I looked to see it was our interning producer, Mandy.

"Mandy!!" Phil clapped his hand before showing her (more like shoving) her towards me.

"Brenton. Mandy. Mandy. Brenton." He introduced us and then left.

I chuckled, reaching my hand out to shake Mandy's. "How's it going?"

"Hi," she said shaking my hand, shyly.

"I'm not going to bite." I smiled.

"Of....of course." She said. I smirked before holding her hand and pulling her into me with my arm around her shoulders. She gasped. "So! You ready to do my hair?" I said in a girly voice.

Chuckling she smiled, "Well duhh!!!" With my arm still around her, we walked over to the make up table. I could feel her tense shoulders, when we got to the table I didn't move.

"Ummm..." She mumbled. After a few more seconds of silence she whispered, "Brenton?"

"Hmmm?"

"You ready for me to do your makeup?" She said looking around as if she was embarrassed.

"I'm not moving my arm until you relax. I'm just like you." I smiled.

"I doubt that." She scoffed.

"Oh really? Well, I love coffee. I am addicted to Netflix. I watch prank videos on YouTube whenever I'm not working. And my favorite movie is of course Inception."

"Inception?? I love that movie!"

"See!!" I said laughing. "I'm just like you!" She threw her head back in laughter.

"I guess you are." She nodded before looking at me. It was then that I noticed her soft blue eyes.

"Let's get started!" I clapped, finally letting her out from under my arm.

I sat quietly as she rushed about fixing my hair. After she had sprayed my hair and was about to move on to makeup when she chuckled under her breathe and said, "All I can think about is Inception now."

"Me too," I laughed. "We should watch it tonight. After dinner." I added.

Her back was to me but I saw her hands stop moving. "Umm yyeah. That umm that would be fun."

I tried not to laugh at her stutter. "What?" She asked turning around to look at me.

"Nothing," I tried to cough off my laughter.

"You're laughing at me." She said turning back around with her head down.

"No no no!" I said, quickly getting up and walking behind her. "Hey, look at me."

She looked up at my reflection in the mirror but she didn't turn around. "Mandy I...."

"Okay! Who's ready to shoot?" Phil yelled. "Mandy, is our star ready?"