The Guitarist

"Allie! That was perfect!!" John, my vocal coach praised.

"But...." There's always a but.

"Let me guess," I sighed. "One more time?" John looked at me sheepishly before nodding.

I put the headphones back on and listened as the music I had previously recorded started to play.

Nice to meet you
Where you been?
I could show you incredible things
Magic, madness, heaven, sin
Saw you there and I thought oh my god
Look at that face, you look like my next mistake
Love's a game, wanna play
New money, suit and tie
I can read you like a magazine
Ain't it funny rumors fly
And I know you heard about me
So hey, let's be friends
I'm dying to see how this one ends
Grab your passport and my hand
I could make the bad guys good for a weekend

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over
If the high was worth the pain
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane
Cause you know I love the players
And you love the game

I started to sing the next line when suddenly there was a loud crash and the music cut off, replaced by a loud screeching sound. I jumped as I ripped the headphones off yelling colorful words.

"John?!" I yelled getting up and walking out of the booth and into the main control room. "What the hell?!?!" I turned to see everyone trying to pick up papers. Standing in the middle of the room was a flustered boy about my age.

"Oh umm sorry Miss. I had uh..." He stuttered.

I sighed. "John?"

John popped up and nervously looked at the both of us. "Allie this is Brenton. He is new to the studio."

"Fan-freaking-tastic." I mumbled grabbing my bag, throwing it over my shoulder and walking out of the booth.

"See ya tomorrow!" I yelled over my shoulder as I walked out. "Hopefully without an interruption." I mumbled the last part.

"Wait Allie!!" I groaned as I turned around.

"What?" I deadpanned.

"Why don't you show Brenton around?"

Hell no.

"What?" I scoffed appalled.

"Well he's new here."

"You already said that." My facial expression showed only annoyance.

"Not just to the studio," he finished.

I looked over at the newbie and immediately understood. Dark sandy hair, super tan, and not that hard to look at if you know what I mean. I thought back to when he spoke. I smirked making the connection.

"Gotcha. Australian right?" I turned towards a shy Brenton. Shy....... That'll definitely help him in this business.

"Ummm yyeahh... How'd you know?"

"Connected the dots," I shrugged. "Like a female Sherlock Holmes." I laughed at my fail of a British accent.

"Who?" He asked in his sexy Australian accent.

"Never mind," I sighed. I started to walk but realized the lack of footsteps following behind me. "You coming?"

"Oh!! Yeah. Sssorry." I just laughed as he caught up to me.

We walked down the hallway in silence. "So...." He dragged on. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Allie Grace. Singer. Dancer. Not actor."