Arrested

"Freeze!!" I did just that. I let out a sigh of annoyance.

"Turn around with your hands up!"

"What if I don't wanna?" I smirked.

"I don't give a shit what you want or don't want to do."

"You're a sassy cop!" I chuckled turning around.

"Good thing I'm not a cop." Said the brown haired boy with a smirk.

"If you ain't a cop, what are you? A high school student with a bebe gun?" I chuckled putting my hands down.

"Put your hands up! Now!" He yelled.

"No."

He looked taken back by my flat answer.

"Look. I don't know who you are but I do know you have no right to be 'arresting' me." I scoffed adding air quotes.

"I was sent here by a special agency."

"CIA?" I asked.

"No"

"Secret Service?"

"No"

"Mafia?"

"No. Wait you pissed off the Mafia?!" He laughed.

"Ehhh we aren't exactly simpatico. Never have been." I shrugged. "Who are you working for?"

"The Monkey," it was his turn to smirk.

"Ugh. I payed him back. And I even killed the guy he wanted me too." I groaned.

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean 'not exactly'? Why are you here?" I laughed, mocking him.

"You did not kill the man." Shoot. "So now The Monkey doesn't want him. He wants you." He cocked his gun.

I sighed. "Okay. Do it." I tossed my gun to the side and put my hands behind my back.

"What?" He tilted his head like a lost puppy.

"Do it. Trust me. If you don't, you'll be next." I shrugged.

"You're going to let me kill you?" He stuttered.

"Look kid, I've dealt with The Monkey before. I know what he will do to you. And the people you love." I said the last part sadly.

"Why do I feel like you didn't want anything to do with The Monkey?" He said lowering his gun.

"Long story short, my dad ran into him and he didn't really get on his good side."

"The Monkey killed your dad...." It wasn't a question.

"And my mother." I said. We sat there in silence. Him not knowing what to say and me not wanting to say anything.

"Go." Wait what? I looked at him in confusion.

"Go. Outside of town there is a cabin. You'll be safe there."

"What about The Monkey? He'll kill you! Just kill me!" I shoved his gun back into his hand.

"I'll be fine," he said tossing the gun.

"No you won't. Trust me! I know what he can and will do. I know what he is capable of!"

"So do I! That's why. That's why I'm coming with you."

"Oh.... I uhh..... Okay." I said. Why am I acting like a lovestruck teenager?

"My names Brenton by the way. Brenton Thwaites."

"Well Mr. Thwaites. How did you get mixed with The Monkey?"

He laughed as we walked the long pathway to safety.