Rose heard Angelina say 'oh', before all the noise was cut off as she turned the handle of the showers on, making burning water fall from it. Fred had been quite right, she hadn't been sleeping well, or eating well, or concentrating on anything at all. Whenever she closed her eyes she saw a blinding green light, she willed herself so make that light turn into the emerald eyes of Lily and Harry Potter, but deep down she knew what that light was.

• • • 

As the day of the match grew closer, the team's nerves didn't lower, instead they grew bigger. It was mid February and most girls in Rose's year seemed to be talking about the upcoming Valentines day, which luckily for them, had fallen on a Hogsmeade weekend the day after the Hufflepuff-Gryffindor match which was on a Friday.

Rose tuned out Oliver's speech, she was too busy trying to come up with a strategy to win before Snape even thought of docking off points or making them lose. 

"The whole school's out there!" said Fred, peering out of the door of the changing rooms. Rose gasped quietly "Even – blimey – Dumbledore's come to watch!"

"Dumbledore?" Harry shrieked, dashing to the door to make sure, Rose following suit. Fred was right. There was no mistaking that silver beard.

Soon the teams were walking to the pitch. Both captains shaked their hands before Snape blew the whistle, and just like that they were off to the skies.

A Hufflepuff chaser was in possession of the quaffle, but Rose was hot on his tail. Just then, a bludger flew past her head and towards Snape's direction. Hufflepuff obviously received a penalty for that.

On the stants, however, something very different was happening. Draco Malfoy had seated himself behind Ron, Hermione, and Neville Longbottom.

"Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want a bet? What about you, Weasley?" Malfoy teased, Crabbe and Goyle snickered. Ron didn't answer, he kept his eyes on the sky watching his brother and friends.

"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team?" said Malfoy loudly a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for no reason at all. Rose was starting to go frustrated up in the sky. "It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money, there's Lightbourn who's a mudblood – you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains."

Ron glared at the sky when Malfoy had mentioned his siblings and Rose.

Neville went bright red but turned in his seat to face Malfoy. "I'm worth twelve of you, Malfoy," he stammered.

Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle howled with laughter, but Ron, still not daring to take his eyes from the game, said, "You tell him, Neville."

"Longbottom, if brains were gold you'd be poorer than Weasley, and that's saying something."

Ron's nerves were already stretched to breaking point with anxiety about Harry.

"I'm warning you, Malfoy – one more word –"

"Ron!" said Hermione suddenly. "Harry –!"

"What? Where?"

Harry had suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which drew gasps and cheers from the crowd. Hermione stood up, her crossed fingers in her mouth, as Harry streaked towards the ground like a bullet. Rose had scored the quaffle, earning a high-five from her fellow chasers.

"You're in luck, Weasley, Potter's obviously spotted some money on the ground!" said Malfoy.

Ron snapped. Before Malfoy knew what was happening, Ron was on top of him, wrestling him to the ground. Neville hesitated, then clambered over the back of his seat to help.