Miles Of Sand..

Newts pov:

Evening

I layed in bed waiting for the nurse to leave, when I heard the door close I opened my eyes and sat up, now I just had to wait fot Tommy and the others.

Suddently I feel a sharp pain in my chest. I put my hand on my shot wound and wince a bit, I know I told them I was fine but it still hurts like shuck, but what did i expect? I got shot, but I knew I had to go.

A minute later the door opened up, and Thomas and the other gladers showed up.

"Hey Newt, how are you feeling? Minho asked".

"I'm okay, let's just go, I answerd firmly".

"Are you sure about this Newtie? Tommy asked me". I just nodded and stood up, my gunshot wound hurt very much but I couldn't show it.

"Alright, let's do this, Teresa said". Tommy intertwined our fingers and we all went out of the medical room. We sneaked through the corridor until we reached a door.

"Here it is, Aris stated". He reached into his pocket and took out a card, he held it up to a unit beside the door and it turned green. Thomas carfully opened the door and we walked into another corridor.

"Stop right there! We heard a voice yell behind us'. We jump and quickly turn around to see Janson and three guards running towards us from a distance.

"Run! Minho exclaimed". Everyone started running to the other end if the corridor, but of course I struggled because of my gunshot wound. When we reached the other end of the corridor Janson was catching up quickly.

"Minho, pass me a gun! Thomas exclaimed letting go of my hand". Minho quickly threw over a gun to Thomas and he started shooting the guards. Aris held up the card to the unit and the metall wall opened up. Everyone ran through it and I quickly turned around, Thomas was still on the other side shooting at the guards while the wall was closing again.

"Tommy hurry! I exclaimed worryingly". Everyone started yelling att Thomas. Thomas threw the gun at the guards because it was out of ammunition and ran towards us. He barely made it through before the door closed. I quickly ran up to Thomas and wrapped my arms around him.

"Are you okay?! I questioned worryingly"

"I'm alright Newtie, come on we have to continue, Thomas answerd". He grabbed my hand and we turned around.

All we saw was sand, as long as you could see, that was the only thing you could see.b

"Let's keep moving, Thomas stated". We all started walking straight ahead, it was very hot out here.

2 hours later

We've been walking for hours, and it was just miles and miles of sand. It was really really hot and everyone started getting dehydrated.

"Can we take a break? Minho complained". "It's so hot and I'm tierddd". Everyone agreed and we took a break. My gunshot wound was still hurting terribly, and I felt weak. I didn't say anything though, another worry is the last thing we need.

I sat down on the sand and Thomas sat down next to me.

"How are you feeling? He asked".

"I'm fine, I insisted". I could tell that Thomas didn't believe me, but he didn't say anything. He just sighed and put a arm around my shoulder. I rested my head on his shoulder and looked over at the others. They we're all sitting down, and everyone looked tierd

30 minutes later

We decided that we should keep going, so we packed our things and continued our journey to the right arm.

Many hours later

"It's getting dark, we should stay here for the night, Thomas suggested".

"Alright, Teresa agreed".

Everyone layed down on the sand and went to sleep. Well, everyone expect me, I couldn't sleep, I was overthinkimg to much, and not only that. The pain from my gun shou wound kept me awake as well.

Since I couldn't sleep, I got up and walked a bit of a distance from the others. I let out a sigh and sat down on the sand. I stared up at the clear sky and admired the billions of stars obove me. Everything was really peaceful, the only thing that could make things bettef now was Thomas sitting here with me.

And so, my wish came true...

I spotted someone sitting down beside me and immediately knew it was Thomas.

"Why are you up?" Thomas questioned".

"Can't sleep, I simply answerd". "Why are you?". Thomas shrugged.

'I saw you here and figured you needed some company', he sated. I nodded slightly and moved closer to him. He smiled at me and wrapped his arms around me, then he kissed my forehead.

'I love you', he wispered quietly.

'I love you too Tommy', I responded closing my eyes.