A misunderstanding..

Newts pov:

Thomas didn't answer, he just stared at me in shock.

Why did I say that?! I thought. I felt embarrased.

That's it. I blew it. Thomas is never going to talk to me again, I thought. I quickly stood up and ran away. I could hear Thomas yell but I couldn't hear him. He was to far away now. I stopped running when I finally found my secret hiding spot. It was a spot behind a bunch of trees at the edge of the forest.  To get there you have to squeeze through two of the trees. Since I was small I could easily squeeze through. It was a very small spot, bout 1 and a halv meter to every direction if you stood in the middle.

I sat down and pulled my knees up to my chest. I sat there sobbing for a while, thinking that he just did the dumbest thing he could ever do...Confess his feelings for Thomas.

A few minutes later, I hear a branch break. I quickly looked up and tried staying as quiet as possible.

Please, Please don't be Thomas.., I thought.

"Newt?! I hear a voice yell".

Damn it..It was Thomas. I really didn't want to talk to him in the state he was now. It's fine, I thought. He won't find me.

Thomas voice seemed to be getting closer and closer every second. Then I spot something moving through a small crack between two of the trees near him. Something blue..

"Come on Newt, where are you?! Thomas yelled". I stopped breathing at that point, trying not to make any sudden movements or noises that would give him away.

"Newt, please! He then yelled". I accidentally hit a branch with my foot trying to get more comfterble. Shit.. I thought. That's it, Thomas probably knew where he was now.

Then I see Thomas by the spot I came in through.

"There you are! Thomas exclaimed". I turned my head away from him.

"Wow how the shuck did you fit through here? Thomas continued jokingly with a smile. His smile quickly faded away and he had a serious expression now.

"Okay but seriously, Thomas started". Why did you run away?".

I didn't answer. To many thoughts we're going through my head. Would Thomas hate me forever? No, I mean, he came looking for me. Or did he just to that so he could make fun of me?

"Newt, please talk to me, Thomas said".

"There is nothing to talk about Thomas, I know you don't like me back, no need to rub it in my face, I said looking at him upset".

"No, Newt, You've got it all wrong, Thomas dissagreed".

"You didn't say something when I told you I fancied you, that's an obvious reaction to that they don't like you back,  I exclaimed".

"No, I was just supprised! Thomas continued". Thomas sighed.

"Newt, I like you too, Thomas said softly".

No way. No shucking way! I must've heard him wrong, I thought. Did he just tell me that he likes me?! I started blushing furiously.

"R-Really? I stammed". Thomas smiled.

"Yes, he continued laughing a bit". I smiled slightly.

We just looked at each other for a moment. Looking right into each others eyes.

"So, will you come out of there? Thomas asked". I nodded and carfully stood up.

I squeezed through the enterence where Thomas was just standing.

Now I stood in front of him. Thomas slowly went closer to me. Then he leaned towards me looking as if he was about to...kiss me..

What do I do?! What do I do?! I thought.   Suddently my body took over. I leaned forward and kissed him. I placed my hands on both sides of Thomas' face and Thomas put his hands ln my waist. We we're kissing passionately for a few seconds but it felt like hours. Then we broke the kiss to catch our breaths. I looked up at him studying his face. I took my hands of his face and smiled.

A bit later we decided to go back. We went out of the forest holding hands.

I felt happy.. Happier then i'd ever felt before. I saw people staring at us, but it didn't bother me.

I was with Thomas..