𝟑𝟗

𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐢
𝙱𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝙻𝚈 𝙷𝙸𝙻𝙻𝚂, 𝙲𝙰

"I know you said I should go to rehab because of you know...pills and alcohol but I'm not." I said and Syian just continued putting on his clothes.

Sadly, nothing happened when he stayed over last night. He claims it was for the best and it was so it wouldn't complicate things, but if he didn't want to complicate things why spend the night anyway? Like, sure I wanted someone here with me but you didn't have to stay if I wasn't getting anything out of it.

Sure, I got some company but what's company without the good part?

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to so I'll be going to Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous until I feel like I don't need to attend anymore. You didn't go to rehab you're not an alcoholic anymore so I don't have to go to rehab simple as that."

"Alright."

"Alright?"

"There's nothing I can say or do to change your mind. It's your choice I just hope that you can stay committed to it."

"I can try."

"If you put yo' mind to it then you can do it." He said before walking over to me. "I'm about to go, can I get a hug?"

"A hug might complicate things I don't know."

"Bri."

"Fine." I got out of the bed and went to hug him. I guess it felt nice having him as a friend even if it's only been for a few days.

"Don't forget to call me if you need anything."

"I won't forget.." I pulled away from the hug debating on whether or not I wanted to bring this Nyasia thing up.

should i or should i not?

i should, because why would you lie about it?

"Syian." I stopped him from turning around. "I have a question."

"Shoot."

"How come you never told me that you and Nyasia were in a relationship at one point? You said you wanted to be with her but it never happened when it did. I wouldn't lie to you about past relationships because they're over now so how come you lied to me? I don't like that."

Although I'd never admit it, I always was a little intimidated by their relationship. They've known each other for years and it was obvious that they were going to at least remain friends and that made me insecure because she didn't like me plus she already had sex with him so who's to say she won't do it again?

Men cheat. If I don't know anything, I know that and if I thought Syian would cheat on me with anyone, it'd be Nyasia. Why do you think I got so upset that she came and saw him?

So sure, I'm a little insecure, but who isn't?

"Because it wasn't serious when it happened."

"But why lie about what you guys actually were?"

"I don't know."

"You shouldn't have lied about it. Was it because she cheated on you?" I asked. "Is that why you lied?"

"How do you even know that?"

"Don't worry about all that. Just why would you lie?"

"I don't know, Bri! I don't know."

"There's got to be some reason you didn't tell me that you guys were together and as many times that I felt like something was going on between you two, you should've said something. How do you want me to be honest with you but you're literally never one hundred percent honest with me?"