𝟏𝟖

𝐒𝐲𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐤
𝙲𝚁𝙴𝙽𝚂𝙷𝙰𝚆, 𝙲𝙰

"Explain to me how you managed to get sued for aggravated assault Syian?!"

"Because he ain't slick enough." Pops drank some milk.

"I thought I was being slick, I ain't even know he seen me because he wasn't even conscious when I left."

"He wasn't cons..." Ma put her face in her hands and started counting quietly before she looked at me. "You beat that boy unconscious?"

"That's my boyyyyy!"

"I didn't know I was gone beat him unconscious but when it got to that point it was like fuck it, at this point might as well make sure the nigga can't see my face."

"I can't believe this."

"I can't either, I thought he was a bitch." Pops shrugged and I mugged him.

"I never been a bitch."

"You used to let them niggas at school steal yo' lunch money and cry to yo' teachers about it. You was a bitch, I used to never want you to move out because I thought somebody was gone beat yo' ass in the real world." He shook his head.

"That wasn't being a bitch."

"You right, punk the right word. Used to let them people punk you all the time and all you did was cry, fucking loser."

"You're more focused on the fact you thought he was a punk as a kid than the fact that he's getting sued?" Ma looked at him. "Unbelievable."

"He the one getting sued, not me. That's a grown ass man I ain't got no reason to be focused on that. He the nigga that fucked around and did the shit."

"Ma it ain't even that deep."

"It's not that deep? Syian please explain to me how you're going to afford a lawyer, because all of us know we don't have the money for that."

"I didn't ask y'all to pay for a lawyer anyway, I'm a grown ass man I can pay for the lawyer myself."

"WITH WHAT MONEY?!" She slapped the counter.

"You need a Snickers." Pops held one out and she glared at him. "Girl I am not scared of you."

"Why you yelling?" I asked her.

"Because where you getting all of this money from? The laundromat don't even get that much business so I know it's not from there, you dealing drugs?"

"Now you know his scary ass ain't dealing no damn drugs. A nigga point a gun his way he might piss on hisself."

The hate I got for this man is insane.

"I'll get a public defender." I shrugged. "They don't cost no more than a hundred dollars, I got enough for one of those."

"Public defender?" She asked before sighing. "My son is going to jail."

"Who said that?"

"You're getting a public defender Syian, you're going to jail." She blinked slowly. "I done lost both my kids."