16| Under the Mistletoe

Start from the beginning

~oOo~

Time was flying so fast for all of us, the days were passing so quickly and it was the day of the Christmas Ball. A few days ago, Monica and I had finished our shopping in Hogsmeade and the two of us had finally picked our ball gowns.

George had asked me out yesterday, and although I was reluctant at first, I accepted anyways. I loved George like a brother, and he was so ecstatic when I said 'yes'.

I knew I couldn't go out with Remus, but still I wanted to make sure that I would look the best at the ball since he was there, too. George said to me that he wouldn't mind if he saw me dancing with someone else in the last dance, and assured me that he won't be envious and that I was his still his date after all.

"Thoughts?" Monica asked me, but was staring intently at herself in the mirror, checking each angle, touching each leaf-like ruffle on the waist of her gown. Her hair was tied into a big bun and blonde curls fell from her ears.

"Beautiful." I said, giving Monica a wide grin.

"Thanks." she chuckled.

"How do I look?" I asked excitedly, pirouetting like a graceful dancer, making sure that Monica would see every slope of my gown, she was basically staring at me in awe. "Beautiful. Like a Black." she remarked.

"Well, I am a member of the Black Family." I smirked, as she burst into laughter and grabbed her purse from her desk and so did I, before the two of us exited from our dormitory and made our way downstairs.

Selene's gown:

Monica and I walked down the stairs, with poise and elegance

Monica and I walked down the stairs, with poise and elegance. Even though I was struggling a bit with wearing new heels, I managed to keep a straight face on. The two of us spotted Luke and the twins at the bottom of the steps, who were looking at the two of us.

"They look so dashing tonight." I giggled in Monica's ear, whose cheeks flushed red when her and Luke's eyes were fixed on each other.

"Dashing indeed, look at him." Monica said, gazing at someone. I wandered to who she was looking at. A handsome-looking Remus was standing past the boys. He tugged his hands in his pockets, and he was crouching against the walls. His eyes were widened, his hair was neater and was combed properly, leaving no-curl falling from his head. The suit that he was wearing fitted him perfectly, a bow and a fine blazer made him look extremely unrecognizable yet handsome.

I frozed once I reached the last steps, my eyes were resting on his. I had NEVER ever seen him wearing such a formal attire, that made his appearance look more angelic. He looked perfect, I thought to myself.