Blessing Or A Curse

Start from the beginning

"No, like, what made you, you?" I say, mocking him when he said it to me. He laughs, "That's for when I'm too drunk to remember."

"Very funny."

"I thought so."

Christian~

"Dude, what's up with you?" Lo asks me as I sit staring down at my phone screen.

"Huh? Oh, nothing. I'm just getting in the zone for the game."

I see him look over at Travis and Travis looks over at me, "It's about a girl, isn't it?"

"No."

"Yeah, right."

I happen to look up and see who I've been thinking about for a few minutes. I know I shouldn't be trying to get with her, but I just want to be near her. She's got this amazing personality and isn't afraid to show it. Even being just friends would satisfy me enough.

She walks past all of us and heads toward the dugout. I'm gonna get so much crap if they find out.

"Yeli, let's go," Travis says and brings me back. I get up and grab my batting gloves from my locker.

"Dude, what are you thinking about?"

"Are you going to keep asking me?"

"Maybe," I shrug, "Okay, fine then answer this. Who'd you ride with today?"

That is the same girl I'm thinking about. He knows me the best and will probably catch on, "That's Luna. She took over Sophia's job. We live in the same building, on the same floor."

"Is that who you're thinking about."

I shrug, "Clearly you don't want to talk about it. I won't push it."

I walk down the tunnels to Luna's office as the game is finally done after four extra innings and a heartbreaking loss. I walk into her office since the door was open and see her looking at all of the screens.

"Hey, are you ready?"

She looks up and smiles, "Yeah."

I look around at all of the screens, "I don't think I've ever been in here. You have a lot of screens in here. Why?"

"It's pretty cool, right? But, sometimes they want me to compare our pitchers with other pitchers who we would be facing. So I pull up highlights from their last start and go over them. Looking at stat cast constantly and just analyzing the next series."

"Wow, that's really cool." She walks around and shuts down all of the monitors before grabbing her bag and keys.

We walk back to my car pretty much silent after such a long day. For just being broken up with, she's handling it pretty well. It's not my place to ask, but I think most people would not be succeeding this well after a week. She just carries herself so well.

"How have your first two days been?"

"Honestly, really easy."

"That's good. I think the team really likes having you around."

"That's a relief. I'm no Sophia, so I really appreciate that."

She moves her head to the beat of the song playing right. I'm falling right now and falling hard.

Luna~

I've finally gotten the hang of things after doing this job for about three weeks. Christian has grown to be my closest friend here in Milwaukee and I'm so thankful he is. He's great. That's that.