I Already Pushed It

Comenzar desde el principio

"So, let's go down to what will be your office." I nod and watch as Christian hits a ball way back and to the wall. Still can't believe we live in the same apartment building. I think she takes notice that I am staring a bit.

I zone back in and walk with her into the dugout, "You looking at anyone particular?"

I laugh and shake my head, "Christian lives in the same apartment building as me. I saw him yesterday once I got to my building."

"He's really chill, keeps to himself, but an amazing player."

"I've met him a few times over the past few years."

"How'd you meet him?"

"I dated Corey Seager for about two years and they all wanted to hang out so I went with him."

We walk through the tunnels, "You dated Corey Seager?"

I subtly roll my eyes, "Yeah."

"Sore subject?"

I shrug, "We ended things last week."

"Oh, sorry about that."

"It's fine."

"Well, on that note. This will be your office. You have access to everything that is in here. As you can see you have multiple monitors for you to create different media for the social media pages and also different interviews. Sometimes during the game, if it's not on my agenda to interview any of the players then I will come in here and watch the game and also do some work too. You'll have access to all of the in-game videos just like the players do."

"Wow, this is amazing," I say in awe at all of the technology that surrounds me in this room.

"It's amazing. Back here is a private bathroom for you to get ready in before the game. You will travel with the team when that time comes. But, yeah, that's about it. Do you have any questions?"

"No, I can't think of any."

"Okay, well, you're more than welcome to sit around and watch how we do things or you're free to go."

"I think I'll stay and just take mental notes."

"So, how was it?" Sophia asks me as we walk back to her office, well, my office now.

"You know what you're doing up there and make it flow so well. How long did it take for that to set in?"

"Well, I started broadcasting in 2013 for both the Brewers and the Bucks, but I exclusively started with the Brewers in 2018. Once you get to know the guys, they become super easy to talk to. Once that happens, it's like you're just talking to them and not the thousands of people watching at home. I know you will do just fine and get the hang of it. I'm going to give you my number if you have any questions."

"Thank you. I really enjoyed being down there and watching you. It was extremely knowledgeable and I think really prepared me for tomorrow."

"Thank you. I loved having you with me. I think you will be a great asset to this team and organization."

I find my way out and grab my badge before heading back to my car and heading home for the night.

I stand in the lobby of my building after grabbing any mail that had come and wait for the elevator to get back down to this level. I look through my mail before closing my eyes and leaning back on the wall.

I hear someone push the button, "I already pushed it," I say opening my eyes and noticing it's Christian. He has got to stop doing that to me.

He laughs, "I know, just thought it might've needed a little more encouragement." I just laugh and watch as the door finally opens and lets out about six people. We both get on and reach for the same number on the keypad. Nice to know. Trin will love this.