"I never said you weren't but I need to go over there anyway because she took my clothes to get dry cleaned so I need to get them from her."

"Oh." I sat the keys back down.

"You wanna come?"

"Come where?"

"To the dinner tonight. You can come, you damn near family you can come if you want to."

"I don't want to be a burden." I spoke honestly. "It's fine, it's a family thing I really don't need to intrude."

"You not intruding if I want you there."

"Yeah, but it's mainly for your sister anyway so that you guys can have a family dinner thing or whatever."

"Man, Bri come on, please? I don't wanna be there by myself."

"You won't be by yourself though your parents will be there."

"I'll pay for your food, drink, tip, everything."

"You do that regardless so I know you were going to."

"So you coming or what?"

"I guess." I shrugged.

After being caught in the shootout, I had started to be afraid of being left alone. Especially because that had made me get scared of loud sounds. I hated the sounds of doors slamming, car doors closing, refrigerators closing, you name it I'm afraid of it.

"Alright, get dressed we can leave when you finish."

"Here, let me help you because you can't accessorize for nothing." I grabbed a necklace off of her dresser and put it on her.

"Girl, yes I can."

"No you can't and take off that tight ass wedding ring. Tonight you single."

"That's that young bitch shit, I don't want to be single. I'm happily married."

"Ugh, hate that for you." I started taking the foam rollers out of her hair before fluffing them out. "You look good ma!"

"I'm a MILF." She started posing in the mirror and I stopped and stared at her. "What?"

"Just..." I tapped her shoulder. "No."

"I know what it means and that's what I am, point blank period." She shrugged grabbing her shoes as Syian walked into the room with a popsicle.

"What are you eating a popsicle for? You're going to mess up your outfit." I took it from him and he stared at me.

"Bri, come on."

"You can't let it drip on your shirt because then you'll have an orange popsicle stained shirt and that's not cute."

"Shole ain't, but you know what is cute?" Dahlia asked. "Me! I'm cute as hell!"

"Exactly, giving bad bitch. Honey bunches of oats, take our picture."

"Y'all not even cute for real." He mumbled as I sat the popsicle down since it wasn't opened yet and he unlocked my phone.

"I am cute." I made a face.

"You fine as hell, but ma you got her hyping yo' head up and you don't even look that good."

"You look good as hell."

"Thank you my love, you look handsome as always." I smiled before backing up to stand by Dahlia. "Which pose we gone do?"

"Girl, I don't know."

"We can just do the one where we blow each other a kiss I guess, make it a boomerang instead of a picture okay?"