12.RunningAway

EDITED✅
JJ's POV-

I sped down the roads, for miles and miles. Shauna only wanted to plan a stupid date so i didn't answer her. But seeing her name made me realise what the fuck I was doing.

I had been driving for hours until the fuel emptied out. I had to wait for someone to pull the car home. So i got out and laid on the hood of the car and stared at the stars.

There was no stars out tonight though. The sky was blank...until i spotted one singular star. It wasn't there before and i can recall the time i used to star gaze with my Nanny. She would say, "The nights the sky is clear someone is hurting, the star that appears after not being there before is them finally being at rest". I have no clue why that has stuck with me but it has.

It's crazy. I hate what Simon has done to me. I was tired and confused and i am glad i came to my senses before we took the other step. I am not gay. I shag a new slut every night and any time i want.

I hear a car pull up and smile gratefully at the guy coming to my rescue. "Hey we can leave the car here. I just need a lift home", i say shaking his hand. He smiled and nodded and led me towards the truck.

The ride back home was a blur and all i can say is that i hope Simon is asleep in bed. I dont want to see him, i need him out of my house. I have to make him want to move out, i cant complain about him since school know it was me who put in hospital in the first place. The real reason he is in my house is because they want us to be friends not because he was bad.

But i begged for them not to tell him that they knew, so they agreed to make an excuse and that they did.

My thoughts were dragged away when we pulled onto my street and i saw all the flashing lights...what the fuck is going on. I made the guy stop and ran towards my house.

That's when i seen it. Simon. On the stretcher which someone on top of him giving him CPR and someone hanging a blood bag whilst putting an IV in his arm...oh my god his arms...they are slashed open.

He wouldn't do this to himself...surely. I ran up to the ambulance and explained i'm his person and allowed me in the ambulance. We were soon racing to the hospital.

"What happened then? Did someone break in and attack him?", i ask only above a whisper since i don't want to hear the answer that it wasn't an attacker and that he did this to himself. Now i can see everything up close i can see he did this to himself.

"We both know what he has done, but what we all want to know is why?", the parademic said and i just shrugged and put my head in my hands...this is all my fault. I'm bad for him. The school need to make him move back in with Harry. Although i hate Harry, Simon needs them.

We arrive and he is rushed into the ER where they wrap him and undress him. They see the hickeys and tell someone to note that down and to get a shrink on stand by for when he wakes up. I stood outside the room not knowing what to do.

"Excuse me sir?", a doctor patted my back, i turned and nodded. "Hi, i'm Dr Shepherd, i'm a trauma surgeon and this is also Dr Yang. She and I will be taking your house mate here to surgery as his slashes have went as deep to his veins. To be brutally honest on how deep he went he has scratched his radius, we have a great team ready to take him up and fix his veins and flesh as much as we can. In the mean time you need to think why he has done this, or get in contact with someone who knows", Dr Shepherd said kindly, i just stood there nodding trying to take it all in.

I got out my phone and rang Harry.

H- Hello?
J- Hey, it's Jide from school. I live with Simon and well he's had an erm...
H-What...what is it JJ? Please tell me he hasn't done it
J- Wait you knew he had that type of mindset?

I was beyond pissed. This is Si's best mate and they just let him go on about his life knowing he could do what he's done today.

J- He has tried to kill himself like the little attention cunt he is, your freaks better come get him. I'm leaving town for LA, tell Minter he can have the house to himself for a bit. Tell him he's paying for the blood to be cleaned too.

Before Harry could even comprehend what to say i hung up and shattered my phone off the hospital brick wall. Fucking prick.

I walked out and got one of the taxi's which were casually lined up near hospitals, for instance situations like mine, i don't have a car with me and i couldn't walk.

I need to get out of here as soon as possible, LA is the best option i could do all my work online and come back two months before graduation then take over as CEO at my parents business as they wish for me to do.

I got home and paid the driver. I ran to my room and packed a quick bag. I can always buy the things i need when i get out there, i grabbed my passport and got my old phone out and decided i'll have to deal with it until i get to LA where i can buy a new one.

I went to the bathroom to grab my tooth brush and shaving kit but stopped dead in my tracks... blood. Simon's blood. Why was it still here?

I'm dumb of course it is still here no one else lives here to try and clean it up...wait how did the ambulance get here if no one else lives here? How did someone know Simon was hurt?....

Within that second i heard another pair of footsteps which didn't belong to me and Simon wasn't here. I span around ready to right hook the stranger in my house but instead i met with a very puffy eyed Ethan...He had been crying.

I looked him up and down and saw the blood all over his shirt and hands. It was dry blood now which gave me relief that he wasn't bleeding...but it made me frown when i realised it was Si's blood.

Ethan was the one who found him.