47

"FINN WHERE ARE THE MINCE PIES!?"Rachel panicks. It was Christmas eve and Rachel was searching through every cupboard for the packet of mince pies. "I DON'T UNDERSTAND I JUST BOUGHT SOME THE OTHER DAY!" Finn walks into the kitchen eating a mince pie "I don't know,"he shrugs "They seemed to of disappeared." Rachel looks at Finn and gasps seeing crumbs of Mince pie all over his lips "Uh huh really?"Rachel asked putting her hands on her hips. Finn nods wiping his mouth "Yeah,"he said "Weird isn't it?" Rachel smacks the mince pie out of Finn's hands "FINN!"She scolded "Those were for Christmas eve which is TODAY!"
Finn quickly gulps at how Rachel snaps at him "Oh...um..."he tries to get himself out of it and looks inside the cupboards to find something.
"We have PORK PIES!"he announced taking out the packet. Rachel snatches the packet out of Finn's hands "YOU SERIOUSLY BROUGHT PORK PIES!?"She asked "YOU ARE AN IDOIT FINN!AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT, IM A VEGAN AND EVEN IF I DO EAT MEAT I CANT EAT PORK,AND TAYLOR DOESN'T EITHER HOW IS THAT GOING TO TEACH HER ABOUT HER FAMILY CULTURE!?"She demanded.
"Rachel calm down..."Finn said sounding a little scared of Rachels sudden outburst. Rachel takes a deep breath "Fine...Fine!but what are we going to give "Santa"?"she asked using quotation marks,"I want Taylor to grow up knowing all about Santa claus and expierence what other children do too."
Finn places his hands on Rachel's sholdres "Hey she will experience all of that we'll just have to give Santa a different snack this year alright?"Finn asked. Rachel nods and kisses Finn on the cheeks "You're right Im sorry for shouting at you baby."
"Its okay,"Finn replied "You have every right to be mad so go and get Taylor ready for bed and I'll do the rest."

Rachel helped Taylor get dressed into her first ever Christmas pyjamas Rachel's dads bought for her and Taylor simply adores them and is jumping up and down everywhere. "I LOVE THEM I LOVE THEM!"she beams "Look Snowman and Reindeer,"she points at the Snowman and reindeer printed onto her pyjama top "And im all covered in snow!"she looks down at her Pyjama Bottoms which had printed snow flakes all down them. Rachel nods with an excited smile "Yes I do see them,"she replied "Give Mommy her Christmas eve kiss,"Taylor leans in and kisses Rachel on her nose and Rachel kisses Taylor on her cheek "Merry Christmas baby,"she said.
"Merry Christmas Mommy,"Taylor replied hugging Rachel tight.

For the rest of the evening Rachel,Finn and Taylor all sat in the sofa watching an old black and white Barbra Streisand Christmas special Rachel loved to watch while she was growing up with a mug of Hot chocolate and whipped cream each. Rachel rests her head onto Finns Shoulder and smiles warmly "I remember wheny Dads showed me this when I was a little girl,"she said "I loved it so and seeing Taylor love it makes me so happy." Finn smiles watching Taylor admiring the screen infront of her and kisses the top of Rachel's head "Shes alot like you,"he whispers. Rachel hums "I see you in her aswell,"she said "with her eyes,smile and enthusiasm."
"We've got ourselves a beautiful little girl Rachel,"Finn said in a soft voice. Rachel couldn't help but smile even more "She really is."
The family of three enjoyed watching the Barbra Christmas special singing along to all the songs and laughing to the jokes that when it ended Taylor wanted to watch it all over again.

"Again Again!"Taylor said jumping up and down repatdly "Again Again!"Rachel stood up from her seat and picks up her daughter "Maybe tomorrow Sweetie as its getting late and Santa won't bring you any presents if you stay up."
"Before you go to bed though we need to do one more job,"Finn said standing up from his seat walking into the kitchen,"Whats that?"Taylor asked with wonder and excitment all at once.
Finn came back into the room carrying a tray with a plate of grilled cheese sandwhiches and a glass of milk. Rachel face palmed herself as Finn settles the tray down onto the coffee table Taylor looks at the tray weirdly. "Santa's supposed to have Mince pies or cookies,"she said looking up at her Dad blinking every two seconds. "Santa gets bored of mince pies all night so our family makes him a grilled Cheese sandwich,"Finn lies.
"A Grilled cheese sandwich?"Taylor asked really confused. Finn nodded "Yes,"he said "Every year Santa eats the sandwich all up." Taylor just simply nods and giggles a little "That's Silly!"she said with a toothless smile. "Yes really silly,"Rachel said laughing as she picks Taylor up in her arms "Time for bed young lady and tomorrow will be Christmas day!"

While putting Taylor to bed Finn and Rachel gave her a glass of warm milk and sang her Last Christmas by Wham a personal favourite of both Finn and Rachel and its seems to be a favourite of Taylor too.

"Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance
But you still catch my eye
Tell me, baby
Do you recognize me?
Well, it's been a year
It doesn't surprise me
(Merry Christmas!) I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying, "I love you, " I meant it
Now, I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now
I know you'd fool me again

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

A crowded room, friends with tired eyes
I'm hiding from you, and your soul of ice
My god, I thought you were someone to rely on
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover but you tore me apart
Now, I've found a real love you'll never fool me again

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover but you tore him apart
Maybe next year I'll give it to someone
I'll give it to someone special."

Once they finished the song Taylor was fast asleep snoring softly as she's sucking her tiny thumb.  Taking it in turns Rachel and Finn give Taylor a goodnight kiss against her forehead "Goodnight Princess,"Finn whispers.
"See you in the morning,"Rachel adds in the same voice tone as Finn's.
"And Merry Christmas,"they say together and what a merry Christmas it was going to be.