38

Days pass until you're finally able to get over the humps of your unofficial relationship. Rather than reverting to the old and familiar ways in which you started, you've both learned to convert to a new level of maturity.

No longer relying on the crutches of alcohol-induced confessions and spontaneous dates, you've found a rhythm in the little things.

You've prepped meals and snacks for Jimin to enjoy during his workday, customized cuff links to match his suits, and rubbed lotion on his back after a long day.

In return, he's sent you flowers at work, left love notes and jokes on sticky notes in your purse, and upgraded your single drawer to a larger one. Today, he's sent you a variety box of chocolates wrapped with a gold bow and a cute red balloon attached.

You unwrap the box and motion for the girls to come over.

"How many chocolates has Jimin sent this week? Our teeth will be rotten from the sugar," Sojin cries.

Yoonki uncaringly pops a chocolate into her mouth without verifying the flavor and shrugs. "Just brush your teeth, dirty girl," she teases Sojin.

You slip a truffle into your mouth and let it melt over your tongue. Sojin has a point—this has been the fourth box of chocolates this week and it's only Tuesday.

When you get home after work, you change out of your work clothes and clean the kitchen. Jimin calls you to unlock the door, and he trails in hauling bags of groceries.

You help him bring the bags to the counter and unload the vegetables and meats. He wraps his arms around your waist and kisses you in the midst of the commotion, slowing your movements and steadying your pace.

"Hi," he greets you.

You look over his face quickly and bring your attention back to his soft lips, kissing him again. "Hi, baby," you whisper into his mouth.

He pulls away and moves the vegetables to the sink to rinse them under cool water. You don't argue, knowing that dinner will never be cooked if you pull him back into your grasp.

You handle the meats and season them to perfection while he gets water boiling on the stove.

"Jiminie, don't you think all the chocolates are too much?" you ask casually.

He stops chopping scallions to laugh. "It's never enough. I wish I could send you more."

You shrug and hop on the counter beside his cutting board. "We see each other everyday. The gifts are really unnecessary."

He shakes his head, letting his thick hair swing back and forth. "I'll never stop. You're worth every gesture."

You stifle a laugh and take the knife from his hand, placing it down on the board. "You're a stubborn one, Park Jimin," you flirt.

He washes his hands and dries them on the little pink apron you lent him. Unfortunately, you didn't have any other colors, but he still looks damn good.

He grips your thighs and wraps them around his waist. You lean back on the counter and raise an eyebrow. "In the kitchen?"

He ignores your question and resumes his agenda, pulling you into him by your wrists and catching your neck with his mouth. He sucks your skin slowly and with some force.

You reflexively wrap your arms around his back and squeeze his waist between your legs.

"I'll never let you forget how important you are to me," he hotly whispers into your ear. "Even if I run out of ideas and you get bored with the same old gestures, I won't stop."