28

You slept deeply after the emotional night you had. You stir awake only when Taehyung slides his arm from under your head and slips out of bed. The weight of your eyelids assist you in falling back asleep with ease.

"Should you be getting ready for work?" he asks. His morning voice is more melodious than you thought it'd be. His bold baritone is rich with vibrato and pours over you like syrup on a hotcake.

"I don't want to do anything today."

He tosses your phone onto the bed and scratches his head. "Tell that to the person who keeps calling."

You check your call log and see over a hundred calls and messages from Jimin from last night and a couple missed calls from Lisa just now. You redial her number. "Is everything all right?"

"Hey, yeah," she nervously utters. "Are you coming in today?"

"No, I'm not feeling too well."

"Okay," she says. "Well, a man was waiting outside the store before I even got here and he still hasn't left. He said his name's Jimin and he's waiting to see you."

You sigh and roll your tired eyes. "Tell him to go away."

"Sure. Is there anything else you want me to tell him?"

"I have nothing to say to him," you reply. "I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of this." You hang up and plan to head to the shower to join Taehyung, but not before your phone abruptly rings again and sends you back into bed. "Yes?"

"He's asking for your address," Lisa says uncomfortably.

"Tell him to fuck off," you groan. "I'll see him in hell."

She relays the message and promises to run the boutique while you rest. You trudge to the shower and wrap your arms around Taehyung.

"Ah, I was just about to step out," he laments.

You hug him tighter and press your face into his chest. "Help me clear my head."

He strokes your hair with shampoo and hums. "What's going on in your pretty little head?"

"I don't want to work things out with Jimin. Just because we glue it back together doesn't mean it was never broken."

"What's wrong with broken things?"

"They're defective, weaker, and just ugly."

He chuckles and rinses your hair in the hot stream. "This reminds me of the lopsided strawberry. It was defective and ugly but the taste was still immaculate. Maybe stop seeing things with your eyes and take a look into your heart."

You steal his loofa and lather your body with soap. "You know, the last time I asked for your advice, you said some poetic things but it didn't really help my situation."

"Why do you ask for my advice then?"

You shrug and splash him with water. "I just like talking to you."

He steals the loofa back and squeezes the suds over your head. "You're so annoying, Y/N."

You laugh and bathe together under a chilling stream that's lost its heat. At the same time, your worries have risen with the steam and left you with a cooler attitude. Taehyung reminds you of your grand opening tomorrow and you realize that the only thing you're ever totally sure of is your talent and drive for fashion.

"I was never ready for a real relationship. This is all a failed product of forced domesticity," you ramble. "I haven't healed from my past and I can't do anything right until that shadow's been cleared."