20

When you wake up in Jimin's arms, you feel something you haven't in a while. His soft hand on your belly, his warm breath on your neck, and his morning erection are all humdrum things that happen when you spend the night with anyone. But there's a calm you feel, like floating in the waves and baking in the sun with nowhere to go and no worries at all. You haven't felt that since you left Ilsan.

Your heart begins to race. You're afraid of that blissful feeling that blinds you from the insane tsunami brewing nearby. You slip out of bed to escape it, finding comfort in solo activities like showering and brushing your teeth with one of the complimentary golden toothbrushes provided by the hotel. Freshly pampered, you return to bed and stroke Jimin's face. He stirs and reaches for your hand. He's beautiful when he's just woken up.

"Hi there."

He hums. "I slept so good."

"Me, too," you whisper, "but I have to go now." You clothe yourself and set the keycard beside his things on the dresser. He softly snores and snoozes a little longer. You head home to change your outfit then drive straight to the bakery to pick up cookies—and cakes—as promised.

Taehyung thanks several customers for their purchases, and when they're gone, you approach him at the counter. "I need enough cookies to give the message 'I'm sorry' but also 'thank you.' Oh, and a batch of mini cakes."

"Did something happen?"

You play with your hair and shake your head. "Does something seem off?"

He scrunches his face, thinking. "Now that you mention it, you do seem off. But I was asking about the 'I'm sorry' sweets."

"Oh, they're for my girls at the shop."

He waits for further explanation but you just fiddle with the zippers on your coat. He chuckles and pushes two boxes across the counter. "I hope they forgive you."

You smile and pay for the sweets. "I hope so, too."

Days later, Jimin still hasn't called, which is so unlike him. You start to believe he's more upset about the hickeys than you initially thought, but you're too chicken to call him first. You find yourself at the bakery again, this time seeking comfort in cupcakes.

"Another apology?"

"No, this one's for me."

"An apology to yourself?"

You stare into his deep brown eyes for a few seconds. It's almost funny how unique his brain is. Although he tends to take your words out of context, he always seems to make more sense of it. "I guess so."

"Wanna meet up later?"

You cock your head and consider. "What do you want to do?"

"We could grab a bite, go for a stroll, or talk about what you're so sorry for."

You giggle at his suggestions. "Let's start with a bite."

After destroying the box of cupcakes behind your desk, you're in the mood for some real food. You meet Taehyung after work at a laid back restaurant and slide into a booth. "This place is chill."

He smiles boyishly. "It's cool that we can eat a meal together and it's nothing more than that."

You inhale a refreshing breath and exhale the pent-up stress that pollutes your mind. "Yeah, there's never any pressure with you."

"I think we have the same mindset."

"What's that?"

"We're just here enjoying life. Nothing more than that," he says, sipping his cola.