A little frightened, you take a step back, not really sure of what he was going to do.

"Marry me!"

The words blurted out of his mouth so suddenly that it took you awhile to register what he had just said.

"I─wait. What⁉" You blinked in confusion.

'Did he just say what I think he said!? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?' You thought.

There was this twinkle in his eyes as they'd widen in what could only be described as sheer bewilderment, and you took note that he was now blushing.

"Marry me!" He said it again, this time, causing you to blush.

'Marry him?! But we'd just met!'

"N-no!" You tell him while furrowing your brows in disgust, "I don't know you like that!" You said, taking a step backwards.

Okay, seriously, handsome or not, this guy is crazy if he thinks I'm going to marry him! Like, no way!

"Be mine, my beautiful Yukionna!" He says it again, this time reaching for you as if wanting to embrace you.

'Yup, he's gone mad!' you thought as you quickly turned away and ran, being careful not to trip on your geta. (Real talk, those sandals are not made for running!)

"S-stay away from me, you creep!"

"Marry me!" He exclaimed again.

"No..stay away!" You yelled back and nearly screamed to see him following after you.

"Wait, Miss Yukionna!" He exclaimed.

At this point, you had to find a way to shake him off your trail as you began to run around aimlessly, carefully glancing behind you to see how far you were from him.

──────────────

The taps of your geta trudged across the stoned path, and they echoed in sync with your pounding heartbeat.

Evidently, you made a beeline towards the pine forest as you mentally prayed that the white and dark patterns of your kimono would help you blend in with the snow and green background.

To make sure you lose him off your trail, you quickly turned many corners before eventually ducking behind a tree.

You silently listened to him as you held your breath, not daring to give away your location.

"Where are you, Miss Yuki-onna!?"

Your heart nearly leaped into throat when you heard his voice, though very distant, call out to you.

Should you run? Maybe stay in one place? Or perhaps you could use your abilities to get him lost.

There was this odd tremor that coursed throughout your body as your mind raced to think. Granted, a part of you wanted to get away from him, but another wanted him to catch you.

It almost felt sort of thrilling! There was just something about this strange flame-haired warrior that made you feel something you hadn't felt in months.

Were you seriously falling for this guy, even though you'd just met? .. You didn't know, but it felt kind of exciting!

You have the urge to call out to him, giving him clues as to where you were while your ears listened for him.

It was quiet—too quiet as adrenaline pumped through your veins and your body thrummed with apprehension and excitement.

It's been a while since you felt such a surge of energy.

Like a gazelle hiding from a lion!

"Please come out, my beautiful flame!" You heard him call out again.

Shit! Why did he sound so close, like he was near?

The way his voice echoed off the trees that surrounded you made it impossible to pinpoint his location.

Oh Kami-sama, you were afraid to look back, in fear of seeing him right behind you and knowing that with his prowess, he could outrun you any day without trying.

Your heartbeat was too loud to hear anything else as you hesitantly waited for anything...

"Found you!"

A blood curdling scream erupted from you, unable to suppress yourself anymore as the flame Hashira appeared right beside you, scaring the ever loving shit out of you.

With his fiery, messy mane of hair, weird-shaped eyebrows, and big amber and red eyes that stared down at you, he looked scary!

But in a very odd and attractive way!

"I have you now, my lovely Yuki-onna!" Rengoku smiles as he cages you between his body and the tree.

You blushed at those words, and without thinking, you mindlessly draped your arms over his shoulders, as if using him as support to keep yourself from falling back in shock.

But you did fall!

You'd fallen in love, and he was right.

He did have you!

Thus, flame and snow never looked so good together...

-------

A/n: thought I do a little drabble of how Reader-chan met Rengoku using her point of view.