Chapter 26

A/N: would y'all enjoy it if I began interacting with you before chapters?

For example: Harry is about to spit straight facts about the ministry here at the beginning. We love it.

—Harry POV—

That was stupid of me; that was very, very stupid of me.

I was just so... fed up with everything. I couldn't stand it anymore. It seems that sometimes if you need something to get done, you just have to get it done yourself.

"You're mumbling and pacing. Talk to me." I was snapped out of my frustration at the sound of Draco's voice. I turned to look at him, almost unable to identify him for a fraction of a second. Needing to get back to the present moment, I blinked.

"Why did I do that? Why was I so... so, stupid-"

"Well it won't do any good to criticize yourself. Now you have seven books and eight movies to micro-analyze for inconsistencies."

"I know! I know. I know, I just- I don't know... I was just, tired of it. I mean, how in Merlin's name did they let this happen? It's been more than a decade! This has been going on since we were seventeen, Draco. This shouldn't be a problem that we have to fix. It should have been snubbed at the very beginning."

"Harry-"

"The Americans should have done something to help us, or, hell, even the French Ministry- someone! We aren't the only Wizarding population in the world! This puts us all in jeopardy! And- and why me? Why didn't this person write about- I don't know, Merlin, or the founders of Hogwarts or, I don't know, some other famous person! Why me? What is so special about me? Why did she find it necessary to sort through my life with a fine-toothed comb, only to make me out as some sort of over-glorified hero-"

"Harry, hi. This is the part where you follow my breathing. Pay attention to me." Draco came up to me calmly, placing a hand on my shoulder, and taking my hand and putting it to his chest. I leaned in, almost as if on instinct. My head was spinning so much that it hurt, and I wanted nothing but to walk back into the Ministry and tell them I'd changed my mind. Everything was itchy, so, so itchy.

"That's it, just deep, slow breaths. It's all going to be okay." I forced myself to follow Draco's patterns of breathing, in, and out.

"I understand that it's all just one bloody unfair situation. But to be entirely honest, those absolutely dense pea-brains need you. And if anyone can put an end to all of this rubbish- in... out...- it's you."

"I'm so so stupid-"

"Stop saying that. You aren't stupid. You are oblivious, but that's an entirely different thing. You have determination and drive for this case, Harry, You and your little trio. Nobody else has what it takes, it seems."

A rueful chuckle escaped my lips. "At least Hermione already read and annotated the books. All I have to do is skim them."

"She's going to floo them in later, right?"

"Yeah." I responded. "Later. I can't do that right now." The itch became more persistent, making me shift.

"That's okay. That's fine." Draco told me, shifting so that my lazy leaning into him could be an actual hug. That was when I realized that a splitting headache had brought itself forward. I sighed, twitching in an attempt to soothe my itch- pushing it back.

"Spider-Man?" I suggested with a meek smile.

Scorpius' impeccable hearing apparently only ever works when he hears something he wants, it seems. He sprinted down the stairs three at a time, panting and with a smile taking over his features.