Thirty Six

Isabelle

As the door slowly opened, we all saw the bride. Her face was slightly covered with her veil but nevertheless, the beauty in her face was still seen. Kahit ang kaligayahan ay makikita mo rin sa likod ng kaniyang suot-suot na belo. She was even tearing up.

I sighed as I dreamily looked at her. Someday, I'm gonna get married. Pakiramdam ko mas magiging emosyonal pa ako kesa sa kaniya. Well, for now, no one knows.

Dahil hindi kami magkatabi ni Dylan, I turned my face to look at him. He was smiling earlier... but why is he looking all troubled now?

I tried to get him to look at me but it was all to no avail. His eyes were all too focused on the bride who was now walking on the aisle with the red carpet. Nakaramdam ako ng kaba at kaunting kirot sa puso ko pero hindi ko hinayaan na lamunin ako nang buo. Iniiwas ko na lamang ang tingin ko sa kaniya at nagpatuloy na i-enjoy ang sarili sa panonood kay Elha na naglalakad palapit kay Tyrone. The guy was slowly tearing up.

"He really loves her..." mahinang komento ni Kaylin sa tabi ko. I looked at her and she was also starting to tear up. Probably because of the happiness that she's also feeling for her best friend.

"Sobra pa 'no," komento naman din ni Miss Cielo sa tabi niya. I just smiled at that. Saglit ko pang tinapunan ng tingin ang boyfriend ko pero hindi pa rin niya ako tinitignan kaya hinayaan ko na lang bago pa ako malunod sa mga iniisip ko.

We were told to be seated by the Pastor so we did and the ceremony already started. Everything was going good. Ramdam ko ang kasiyahang nararamdaman ng mga taong naririto ngayon. Of course, they are the closest to the couple. They should really be happy for them. They also went through a lot of things before reaching this moment. Before reaching this phase of their lives. They deserve it.

However when I, again, turned to look at my boyfriend, my heart seemed to be in great pain. I felt it clenching deep inside. He was crying. If I didn't know him, I would probably think that he was just tearing up because of great pride and happiness... but he wasn't.

He was in pain.

Is he in pain because he is forced to finally let go of her? He had no other choice now.

I saw Caleb tapped his shoulder so he acted all fine once again. I tried to focus on the ceremony but my mind just couldn't. Ito na ang iniiwasan kong mangyari kanina. I was right. He'd be pained seeing her get married.

Alam kong nagpahapyaw si Dylan sa akin kanina tungkol sa kasal ngunit sa tuwing bumabalik sa isip ko ang iyak niyang halata mong nasasaktan, hindi ko rin maiwasang masaktan. He's still not over her. I was never part of the plans... and it pains me so much to know that.

"Hey, ayos ka lang ba?" I heard Miss Kaylin asked beside me. I turned my face to look at her. She was done crying but her eyes spoke of so much concern within.

"Iba ang iyak mo ah. May masakit ba sa'yo?" muling tanong pa nito sa akin. Umiling naman ako kaagad. I don't wanna ruin this beautiful day.

"Wala po. Ayos lang ako," tugon ko na lang. Tumango naman siya at nginitian ako. Pagkatapos no'n ay hinayaan niya na lang din ako.

Until the moment where the couple would exchange vows came. I heaved a deep sigh, trying to really focus on the ceremony.

"I, Elha Trinidad, promise to be your wife in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer, in the good and in the bad times, even in the worst, I would be there. I promise to be your confidant, a person you can run to when the world turns their backs against you already. I promise to be not just your wife, but to be your best friend as well. You can always cry in my shoulder, love. I will be there to carry the burden with you. From now on, you will never be alone. You were the first man who made my heart flutter, the first man who did everything for me, the first man who made me fall in-love when it wasn't even on the list of my goals. You just came unexpectedly, and you are the most beautiful unexpected gift that I had. Thank you for staying, for being strong despite the challenges that we had. For promising to marry me before and for actually marrying me today. I would give my all to be with you always my constant, my love. Thank you for filling me with so much love that I didn't had to find another anymore. Sabi nila, those who call their partner 'love' will not end up together. Well today, I just want to prove them all wrong. Because I am marrying you! The only man who owns my heart in this entire universe. I love you, love. I love you so much and so I promise to be with you until our hair turns grey and until we both become weak. I promise to be with you all the steps of our way. It won't be easy but I'll hold on for that is another promise from me, your lover. I love you, I won't let go..." Elha smiled after that while trying to stop herself from crying more.