Thirty Four

Isabelle

"Montes, Isabelle Capistrano. Bachelor of Science in Nursing."

As my name was called, I couldn't help but smile. Finally, natapos na ang lahat. After all those tiresome and sleepless nights, finally I am here. Finally, I'm another step closer to my dreams of becoming a registered nurse someday.

As I went to the stage, I immediately saw Dylan and some friends seated downstairs together with the audience. My parents were also there. I was smiling while getting my diploma. They waved at me and I just did the same. I saw Dylan getting kinda emotional while never leaving my gaze so I gave him a thumbs up. I also signalled him to smile in which he immediately did.

After the ceremony, lots of photos were taken. Kahit ang mga taong hindi ko naman din masiyadong nakakausap noon ay nakipagpicture sa akin. I just gladly obliged dahil huling beses na rin naman.

Some people even braved themselves to ask a photo with my boyfriend who was proudly on display. Ayaw pa sana ni Dylan pero ako na ang pumilit sa kaniya. Sa huli ay pinagbigyan niya rin naman ang mga ito.

After that, we went to their family restaurant to celebrate another success of mine. I was surprised to see Dylan's friends there like I was also a part of their squad. Kaylin, Cielo, Caleb and his girlfriend were there. Even the engaged couple Elha and Tyrone were present. I guess they're just trying to relax since the wedding is nearly approaching. Hindi ito nalalayo sa araw ng graduation ko.

"Congratulations, hija." Liningon ko si Tita Maricel. She offered me a hug so I gladly obliged to give it to her.

"I'm so proud of you. Laging naikekwento ni Dylan sa amin ang lahat ng mga pinagdaanan mo noon para marating itong tagumpay mo ngayon. You deserve it," turan pa nito noong kumalas kami sa yakap.

I looked at Dylan who was having a conversation with my parents. When he sensed that someone was looking at him, he turned to my direction. I lovingly stared and smiled at him. He did the same and even mouthed an 'I love you' before turning to my parents again.

"Thank you so much po, Tita." Ngumiti sa akin ang ina ng boyfriend ko.

"You're welcome. I'll give my gift later, okay?"anito na ikinagulat ko. Nanlaki ang aking mga mata.

"Hala Tita. Hindi naman po kailangan," untag but she dismissively waved her hand in front of me while frowning.

"It's okay, hija. Don't mention it. I want to give it to you and you can't stop me. Okay?"

Tumango na lamang ako. Mukhang hindi ko na rin naman siya mapipigilan. I also smiled at that. Moments later, tito Anthony also came to congratulate me. Even Dylan's siblings came to hug and congratulate me. Natawa na nga lang ako noong lumapit si Dylan at hilain si Benj palayo sa akin noong ito na ang yumayakap.

"Ang possessive mo Dylan ha. Kapag talaga 'yan si Isabelle hindi mo pinakasalan, ewan ko na lang sa'yo." Umirap pa si ate Ella sa sinabi kaya natawa ako. Masiyado pang maaga para pag-usapan iyon pero bakit ba lagi nilang sinasabi iyon? Do they really want me to be an official Pangilinan? To be an official part of their family?

"Don't worry, ate. I'll marry her so you would have all the time in the world to hug her," ani Dylan na kaagad ikinapula ng pisngi ko.