𝟑𝟖. 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐒

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Sunghoon's POV

I angrily threw away all the stuffs from my desk as a glass hit my arm making it bleed but I couldn't handle my anger and sadness. I was so confused. I didn't know if whatever Hyerin said was true or not but her eyes were truthful and were in fear. Breathing heavily, I looked at my bleeding hand with my red face as the door to my room opened.

"Sunghoon!"

Dad came closer to me and checked my wound panicking. "Sunghoon what did you do?!" But I didn't answer rather held his shoulders and stared at the old man seriously. "Park Sunghoon what is it?" He stopped moving around and stared at my red eyes. "How did mom die, dad?" He gasped at my question and backed away. "Dad please. Please I really need to know." I cried out as he sighed.

"She got hit by someone who was suffering from some sort of illness. I don't remember much Sunghoon. What's wrong son?" He said out as everything became silent beside me. So the girl wasn't lying. Falling on the floor I blankly stared at the floor as my confused father stayed still not doing anything. "Dad he killed mom.." I quietly said out as the older Park perplexedly looked down at me.

"Who Sunghoon?" I broke into tears as Sunyoung noona saw everything from outside my room, too scared and nervous to enter. "Hyerin's dad." And I told them the truth before shutting my eyes tightly. "The hell are you saying Sunghoon?"

"I'm not lying! Hyerin's father was driving the car. He killed her, dad. He killed my mom!" I spat the truth shocking both the family members and left the place with my bleeding hand.

-

I walked towards Hyerin's house with small steps and then stared at my phone as I saw the girl constantly calling me. I thought about everything and took my decision. Taking the call I heard her panicking from the other side. "Geez! Park Sunghoon why wouldn't you take my calls? I was so worried about you-" I emotionlessly bit my lips. "Hyerin I'm outside your house."

The girl cut her call, on her way to come down as I stared at the bare grass with my dry face. "Sunghoon!" She gasped seeing me in this condition and ran towards me pulling me into a hug but I didn't return in. "I was so worried about you. Please don't be mad at me- wait." She pulled away seeing my injured hand and held it.

"Sunghoon t-this- lemme clean it-" but I pushed her hands away as she shockingly widened her stare. "Sunghoon.." I shook my head pushing my girlfriend away while the girl let out a gasp, about to break into tears. But I couldn't handle it.

Her father killed my mom.

"I'm sorry Hyerin." I said as a tear fell of my eye. Looking up at her, I saw her blink a couple times before shaking my head. "N-no no Sunghoon.." She tried approaching me but I statued myself not caring about her. "I can't do this Hyerin." The girl cried in my arms as it broke my heart. Not just because of that. The truth itself was painful.