𝟑𝟎. 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐄𝐀

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Hyerin's POV

I walked to the mansion holding the dumplings I had made with great difficulties. Standing in front of the huge door, I waited hopelessly for someone to answer the door even though I knew the food would probably go to waste again. The door slowly opened revealing Mrs. Kim, the worker. She smiled sweetly as I sighed.

"I brought these." I handed the box to her and turned around to leave when she stopped me. "Mr. Lee said to bring you in." My eyes widened as I weirdly yet shockingly frowned at her. "He said what?" The old lady chuckled pulling me inside. "Come inside already." Entering the house I looked at the familiar place and felt emotional not being able to get inside for such a long time.

"Where is he?"

"He's baking cupcakes in the kitchen."

Ok wow the old man changed a lot. He never would enter the kitchen and now he's making cupcakes. Leaning towards the door I noticed Grandpa Lee reading the instructions wearing an apron with bananas carved on it. I chuckled as he saw me making my smile vanish in nervousness.

"Ah Hyerin-ah." He talked to me after so long. Immediately responding to him I walked excitedly to the counter as he told me to come. "I can't find anything here." He looked around the huge cabins with no sense of baking as I confusingly stared at him. "Help me, will you?" I got out of my thoughts and helped him grab the jar of chocolate chips.

"Grandpa."

"Yeah?"

"Are you fine?" Maybe he had a short time memory loss and forgot everything that had happened. "What?" The old man didn't pay attention rather added the ingredients. "I mean do you remember anything that happened these past few days-"

"Hyerin I didn't forget anything." He said out mixing the dough as I gave a 'oh' and looked away awkwardly. "Oh come on. His long will I sulk?" His behavior was weirdly weird today and I had no idea on why he was acting like this. "You're being weird." He sighed putting the cookie dough in the oven and looked at me.

"Forgive me kiddo. I forced myself on you. I'm sorry for not understanding that you've a life too. From now onwards do whatever you want. Ranking isn't and won't be everything." He said out as I blankly froze hearing it. Is he really my grandfather? Is he really the Lee JeeHwa I know? No way. "Grandpa is everything okay?" He sighed nodding his head.

(a/n - I forgot if grandpa's name was actually JeeHwa or not 🤡)

"Yes. Park Sunghoon happened."

"What?" He checked up on his cookies as I followed him behind. "What do you mean grandpa?" It really questioned me as to why grandpa mentioned Sunghoon when I never talked to him about Sunghoon recently. "Hyerin-ah, Sunghoon told me everything." He made me sit on the chair and explained as I looked down feeling embarrased.