𝟒𝟔. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Hyerin's POV

I waved at the two guys who came outside the campus and walked towards us. Jia went towards Jake and hugged him tightly as I stood there doing nothing. Looking at Sunghoon I felt him looking at the first couple and then at me. He slightly opened his arms gesturing me to come as I stood there hesitant. The guy gave me a 'oh come on' look as I bit my lips feeling a bit awkward to go.

The disappointed guy just gave up as I sighed and ran up towards him getting in his big embrace as he let out a laugh ruffling my head. "Gosh these are so awkward." I let go off him and fixed my hair as Jake and his girlfriend chuckled a bit. "Cute." Sunghoon said before holding my hand and then looked at his friend.

"Yeah yeah I know we're supposed to get lost now so you can take your girlfriend to a date." The aussie boy teased his best friend and patted Sunghoon's shoulder who was as flustered as I was listening to the Shim expose him so easily.

And they left leaving us all alone. "So.. a date, I see." I tried not smiling at the guy as he pulled me towards his car. I was indeed pretty curious about where he'd take me. "I'm not good at picking spots so you decide." And here I was thinking he already thought of something. Thinking of some sort of activity, I smiled as the venue popped on my mind.

"Let's go bowling."

-

Guess what, we decided to play the vcr game before bowling. Well I did. With the screen right in front of my eyes, covering every spot of the outside world I looked at the new scene in the game. Indeed something very satisfying to play. For me. Unfortunately not for Sunghoon.

"OooOOOOoomAgAhd!" He shouted riffle-ing at every direction possible. His position was very weird. And I mean it, very weird. Taking out my phone I started recording while laughing out loud at my boyfriend. "Get me outta this what the hell!" He shouted throwing the entire stuff away as the guy finally came back to the real world. He sure was traumatized as I noticed him falling on the floor trying to get back to his sense.

And I was deadass laughing.

"A-are you okay?" I approached Sunghoon while covering my mouth not trying to laugh at the boy's poor condition. "I'm alive." He said out slowly as I chuckled seeing his cute actions. Holding his hands I pulled him up with all my strength as he tried to get on his right mind.

-

Sunghoon's POV

"You should've seen your face. Oooamaagad." Hyerin laughed seeing the video on repeat as I stood there regretting playing that game while holding the metal ball. "Come on Rin." I whined and called out to my girlfriend as her cheerful face looked up and faced me as she started walking towards me.

"Fine let's play."

-

Hyerin's POV

I excitedly stared at hectic entry of the carnival. It was very sudden of us to suddenly come here but the date was never planned. It went on like the way we wanted it to be. And Park Sunghoon right here brought me here. Grabbing the guy's hands I pulled him inside with me as my eyes met the different pop of colours everywhere. It was indeed pretty mesmerizing. Happiness was visible on everyone's face and so was it on mine.

"That." Sunghoon pointed at the water balloon gunshot game as my memory flashed. When he lied it was his birthday and brought me to the fair. No matter what I couldn't deny the fact it was a good experience.

I licked the ice cream holding the two penguins Sunghoon won so far. He was not only good at dancing but shooting as well.

*Bang*

And there goes the last penguin of the shop. "What's up with you and penguins?" The excited dancer came panting handing me the third toy and shrugged. "I don't know. It's just reminds me of you." Ahh those heart fluttering words he said today. I wonder why. "How come a penguin reminds you of me?" I whispered staring at the soft toy before pouting and followed Sunghoon ahead.

"Carousel or bumper car." I asked my boyfriend as we both looked at the two rides in two different directions ahead of us. And there was a moment if silence. Carousel was childhood but bumper cars seemed so fun. "Bumper cars as heck." He said out pulling me towards the certain ride as we both got into two different cars cuz why not.

And it started as I completely started regretting why I sat on a whole different car. But I was stubborn as well. With all my strength the bumps started occuring as I flew here and there every moment. "Watch out Lee." Park said as his bumping cart made my car slid to the end of the place as I started laughing loving the experience. And so did he.

It wasn't the typical type of shy date one would want. Rather a date which would bring the couples' inner child out. No hesitation. Just go for it.

-

"We can't skip the ferris wheel!" My fingers went up pointing at the colourful and slow ride in front. And the night sky made it look even more ethereal. "We definitely can't." Out of everything, ferris wheel can't be the ride to skip so we both took a cabin and settled waiting for the others to get in. And it started.

"Waahh.." my mouth went wide open seeing the brilliantly successful carnival as I somehow felt a bit emo knowing how happy I was after so many days. "This feels so good." I felt a hand intertwine with mine as I saw Sunghoon's sparkling little orbs. The boy just smiled at me as I looked down flinching seeing the height every now and then. "I-it's so high." Sunghoon tightened his grip on my hand making me feel secured as I closed my eyes enjoying the cold breeze that hit my face lightly.

I stayed like that until I felt a soft pair of lips on mine as I opened my eyes to see Park Sunghoon staring at me before closing his eyes, applying little pressure on my lips. I kissed the guy back while slowly caressing his cheeks as our cabin came right on top. It all added. All of this was a small yet adorable experience for me.

Pulling away we both stared at each other breathing slowly as the guy stole a forehead kiss from me making my cheeks go red. He lightly rubbed his thumb on my cheeks as I looked down not being able to control my fluttering heart.

-

Sunghoon's POV

Hyerin was almost asleep the whole ride back home. And now that we're finally outside her house, I'm just staring at her sleeping figure not wanting to wake the angelic girl from her small slumber. But too bad the girl herself woke up disappointing me a little bit.

She looked so innocent. To the point I felt my heartbeat going faster seeing her pure self. "Oh we're here." She said slowly before gathering her stuffs. Wearing the penguin headband I brought her the clueless girl was about to get out of the car as I stared at her back not wanting to let her leave.

"Oh by the way." She stopped before turning back as I felt her swiftly come closer and kiss my cheeks leaving me frozen on my spot. "Thanks for making this date so memorable."

| | • • • • • | |

Imma try updating earlier now hihi-

If you had to rank this book from 1-10 what place would u rank it 👀

I think this book is one of the works that I'm the proudest of >•<