25. left alone

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Sunghoon's POV

I waited outside the cafe where Hyerin worked waiting for the girl to come. And finally saw her slowly walking to the entrance without looking anywhere but the floor. Following her in, I sat on the chair in front of the counter as she wore her uniform and got to work. She still didn't see me in front. That's how quiet she was.

"Hyerin." I called out to her first as she noticed and stopped working on the computer thingy. Her eyes looked up to meet mine as I felt the hatred and coldness in them. She immediately looked away and then to her co worker. "Sunoo-ah could you take the orders. I'll just make them." She said walking away as I signed.

Sunoo pouted not wanting to do the work. "Noona nOoo that's your work. Please I can't communicate with the customers." He whined but Hyerin shook her head as an idea popped in my mind. "Sunoo I'll do it." I said out awkwardly as both of them looked at me. "You'll do what?" Before I could answer Hyerin cut me off.

"We can't make the customer work-" but the other worker named Sunoo cut her off. "No we can. I'm the owner's son. I can atleast let him do what he wants." He acted cheesily coming out of the working area and gave me his apron as I quickly put it on. "I'll be right upstairs." He said going upstairs as I entered the place where Hyerin alone was now working.

I stared at her for a while as she uncomfortably put her hair up on a thick messy bun. "Hey are you gonna take the order or what?" A guy with green hair annoyingly asked as I came out of my thoughts and bowed taking the order. But the thing is. I never worked with stuffs like this. Looking around I saw Hyerin waiting for me to get the bill as I awkwardly smiled at her as she understood and sighed.

"Move."

She took the order swiftly and started working. I felt bad seeing the girl work on her own since I was basically off no help. "Should I call Sunoo-?" She cut me off glaring at me as I gulped nervously. Rolling her eyes she took off her apron as I noticed it was already way past her shift. "Noona I'm so sorry I got stuck in dance practice." Another boy approached the girl as she sighed shaking her head.

"It's fine Niki. Just get to work. I'll leave."

-

I secretly followed the girl who tiredly walked ahead. Hands in her pocket and earphones in her ear. I stopped on the path when she stopped ahead. Taking off her earbuds she turned around catching me follow her. "Don't follow me." She said quickening her pace as I stood there sighing not being able to get the girl in a better mood.

Hyerin's POV

I walked not thinking about work today. Stopping in front of grandpa's house I knocked on the door for a while but nobody opened it since obviously Grandpa saw me from the camera outside. "Grandpa I know you're right inside. Open the door please. It's cold.." The door remained closed as I pouted blinking a couple times while caressing myself. I stayed there for about half an hour and gave up walking back home.