𝟑𝟔. 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Hyerin's POV

I sat quietly on the chair facing Ryun and my mom as we three silently had our dinner together after a long time. Nobody was speaking and it was becoming a bit too awkward. Until Ryun spoke up. "Hyerin how did you meet Sunghoon?" She asked as I raised my eyes at her question, hesitant to answer. Mom stopped eating as she looked at me slightly.

"School..?" I mean it was pretty obvious wasn't it?

"Gosh. I mean how did you both start talking and you know like and everything." I pouted feeling a bit awkward bout to how answer that. How we both met and started liking each other... It was a disaster and a roller coaster of feelings. "I'll tell it to you some other day?" Eyeing her, I suggested an idea of an all nighter as she liked it and nodded eating her food.

Mom was deadly quiet.

"You alright mom?" I slightly looked at her as she gulped down the water and sighed nodding. "Anyways so how is he like?" The girl seemed too curious about her sister's relationship I see. "Uhm he is-" but mom cut me off.

"Ryun can you stop talking while eating?" The elderly woman scolded Ryun as the girl let out an annoyed breathe. "I'm done." She angrily walked away as I stared at my mother behaving weirdly. She kept the dishes on the sink as I followed her.

"What happened mom? You seem really worried." She let out a sigh before worriedly staring at me. "Hyerin don't date Sunghoon." She said out making my eyebrows quirk as I chuckled shockingly and lightly tilted my head. "Sorry what?" The woman came forward me and abruptly held my arms making me anxious. "Don't be with him dear. Please."

"M-mom is something wrong? Are you sick-"

"I'm completely fine dear but please break up with him." I blankly stared at her before letting go off her hands from mine before shaking my head. "Why'd I do that mom?" Mrs. Lee frustratedly held her hair as she motioned in circles. "You don't understand dear. The truth will tear you both apart. He won't be able to handle it-" the woman froze realizing she almost spilled something that was supposed to be a secret as I confusingly looked at her.

"What mom? What truth? Tell me." Trying to stay calm I tried to get my mother to tell me whatever that was worrying her as she covered her face with her hands feeling frustrated and anxious. She let out a breathe and looked at me, ready to speak out the truth.

"You wanted to know why I disliked your father so much right?" She started as I froze on my spot. Coming closer the old woman looked at me with her teary yet worried eyes and caressed my cheeks. "The only reason I hated your father so much is because he didn't only leave us alone but he took away my best friend as well Hyerin." Huh? My eyebrows went higher not being able to understand anything.

"What?"

"You father had brain haemorrhage." My face turned cold not being able to understand anything. My dad had what? No. He was fine.. "Mom you're lying." The woman shook her head vigorously as I backed away from her slowly. "I'm not Hyerin. I'm not lying." She bit her lips as she let out a tear. My eyes started watering up. My dad had brain haemorrhage and I had no clue about that.

"He knew he was going to die Hyerin. He was very sick and started neglecting everything. He started pushing us all away. He completely died mentally before physically." She cried out as a single tear fell from my eyes breaking my heart into pieces. "And he had those symptoms one day while driving and couldn't see anything properly. Until he crashed into a person. I told him so many times to not drive but he never listened to me."

I gasped balling my fists not being able to believe it. He died because of that deadly disease but.. someone else also got hurt. And I knew absolutely nothing.

"The person couldn't survive after it. And neither could your dad."

"Mom please-" I wanted to run away now. Run away from everything. Forget everything that she just told me but my mother wiped her tears, sniffled and looked straight into my eyes. "I know I shouldn't hate him but I can't help myself but blame him for everything. But that's not it Hyerin."

"Mom please I don't-"

"The person who died in the accident was Sunghoon's mother, Hayoon, my best friend."

And my heart stopped as I heard a long line of pin drop silence. Not being able to process anything, "Huh?" I tried my best to hope that whatever I just heard was just wrong and it was supposed to be something else. "Sunghoon lost his mother in that accident. But he doesn't know that it was your dad who was in the car, nobody knows it except me, and Mr. Park but I-i'm guessing he couldn't recognize me."

I couldn't process anything and shook my head slowly backing away from the crying woman. Sunghoon's mother died in the accident that was caused by my father. This sentence alone was enough to pierce my heart. Tears started falling down from both of our eyes. Mom nodded her head sobbing in front of me.

"He loved his mother more than anything Hyerin. He won't choose you if he finds out the truth." I took my time and realized how true that line could be. But it wouldn't. Sunghoon loves me as well. He will understand if I say the truth to him. He'll have to understand that it was an accident and that my father would never do it to anyone, let alone his mother.

"He will. He loves me-"

"No Hyerin!" She shouted making me flinch as I widened my red eyes at her but she looked down.

"He loves his mother more than anything."

| | • • • • • | |

I've 3 exams tomorrow and it's like 3am right now so I'm basically dying rip but yea enzoy~

also please comment more :( I really wanna see my readers going crazy over the chapters but there are barely any comments ಥ_ಥ