40. hurting

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Hyerin's POV

I sniffled all alone while skating inside the rink. I let all my pain out while skating in the ice and violently walked around with those blading shoes. "You're such a jerk Sunghoon." I cried and ranted to myself but it couldn't be heard due to the loud music. Losing my control, I fell on the floor hurting myself but didn't care as I continued pitying myself.

"Gosh this is so bad." I held onto my face trying to wipe my tears and get my breathing normal once again but it was hard. Hard when someone you love pushed you away and continuously hurt you without caring about anything. And that someone is Sunghoon.

But I knew he was hurt. I'd be hurt too. The truth shocked him. It'd shock me too if I was in his position. He hardly knew how his mother died. And now that he knows, he's venting his anger on me. But I can't give up on him. I'll try my best till the end.

Standing up I took off my shoes, turned off everything and got out of the room with my swollen eyes.

Grabbing nothing to eat, I walked all alone feeling more than lonely seeing all the happiness around me. But they didn't belong to me.

Happiness. I didn't receive them yet.

-

Sunghoon's POV

I leaned against the wall breathing heavily while drinking water. Finishing practice I stared at the white wall in front of me and thought about everything at the moment. Pressurizing myself with training wasn't that helpful as well. I'd always get distracted and think about the girl whom I shouldn't think about at the moment.

Getting out of the campus I saw Lee Hyerin walking all alone in the street looking here and there with a sad smile on her face. A small smile appeared on my face as I saw her but quickly threw it away. "Sunghoon right?" A girl from behind approached me as Hyerin heard my name and quickly looked back meeting my eyes. "Uh yes?" I confusingly said out as the unknown girl in front blushed slightly.

"Uhm I'm Haru and I'm from the same school. I just wanted to say that I've this huge crush on you.. and-" but before the girl could finish Hyerin came towards me and pushed her away from me. "Sorry but he's taken." She sassily said as Haru widened her eyes. "What? I thought he broke up with you?" Hyerin seemed hesitant for a moment but walked towards the girl in a scary manner.

"He's mine. Back off." She said as the girl apologetically bowed. I scoffed looking away as they both noticed me. Approaching the other girl Haru, I swiftly held her hand intertwining it as Hyerin noticed it. "Yes we broke up." I said to her and eyed Hyerin who looked at me with sad eyes. "Park Sunghoon-"

But I didn't hear. "Let's go. I'll buy you dinner." I said to the excited girl and left the ice skater all alone. My heart hurt a bit seeing her heartbroken self but I needed to move on from her.