𝟐𝟗. 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Sunghoon's POV

I frustratedly screamed slightly hitting my head on the table all of a sudden and stayed like that without moving. Tearing off my hair, I bit my lips feeling embarrased bout what happened earlier. The boys all had their drinks at the cafe making fun of me as I ignored them.

(a/n - it's the cafe where Hyerin works. Except she doesn't have work today)

"Hyung calm down." Jungwon, who came along with Heeseung hyung said out but I shook my head which was still smashed on the table. "Ok I still can't believe Sunghoon hyung likes Hyerin noona." Niki excitedly came with the drinks and distributed as Sunoo brought the snacks from behind. "Long story short-" Jake was about to say everything but Mark hyung cut him off finishing his sentence.

"This douchebag fell in love with Hyerin while playing with her feelings." I looked up and glared at the boy while sulking as the others let out a chuckle. "Hyung you're supposed to help me instead of teasing me." I pouted taking a sip of the coffee and looked at the other 7 boys staring at me.

"Why'd you kiss her all of a sudden you pervert." Sunoo said out as I disgustedly looked at him for a while resting my head on my hands feeling helpless. Sighing I stopped bothering the others as they felt bad. "Ok I've an idea." Mark hyung slammed his hands on the table gathering everyone's attention and smirked.

"What do you think is bothering Hyerin the most now?" He asked.

"Obviously Sunghoon kissing her is bothering the girl." Jay said out as I clicked my tongue. So much just for kissing her. Mark hyung obviously didn't want that answer and shook her head. "Grandpa." Heeseung hyung pointed out as I immediately nodded. "Yes Heeseung's right. She is worried about grandpa Lee." He stopped and breathed.

"And you right there, could help her out." He pointed at me as I pointed at myself with a questioning look. "How?" I dumbfoundedly asked as he gulped disappointedly. "By telling him the truth." Jungwon out of nowhere said as the oldest clapped his hands happily. "That's it. Excellent Jungwon."

"N-no way.. he might kill me and not even give my body back to my dad-" I realized what I was saying and found the two Lees and the others glare at me. "You should have thought about all these before falling for her- no wait before playing with her." And they started attacking me as I gave up. "Fine. I'll do it."

-

I stood in front the mansion and nervously rang the bell while holding the bag of fruits Heeseung hyung gave me. I looked at the guys who hid behind the bush and watched. The door opened as I saw the old luxurious Lee in his rich trousers and tracksuit. "Yes?" I bowed immediately and introduced myself. "S-sir good afternoon. I'm Park Sunghoon." He recognized me and glared for a while.

"What do you want?" He asked coldly as I felt my throat freezing on its spot. The old man let out a sigh. "Don't be so nervous. I won't kill you." You might after hearing me out. I completely stopped functioning seeing him. Wow scary. "Listen if you're going to waste my time then-"

But he stopped as I immediately got down on both my knees and held up the fruit basket towards him. "I'm sorry sir." I said hiding my face. "What?"

"Yes sir. I'm sorry. Everything happened because of me." I don't know but I suddenly got the courage to say everything. More like I was forcing myself to confess. "Park Sunghoon I don't understand-"

"Sir Hyerin missed the match because of me. I became really angry for not getting to the top and wanted to take revenge from Lee Hyerin so I decided to play with her and be her distraction. She missed all those practices because I forced her to hang out with me. It was all my fault. I had made her like me and decided to just dump her later on but she somehow found out it was all fake and skipped the competition so that I'd get what I wanted and leave her alone. It's not her fault at all. It's all my fault. She doesn't deserve to be punished. You're her favourite person. Don't ghost her like this grandpa Lee. Please forgive her."

I said it all in one breathe, still on my knees, avoiding the old man's piercing stare. Breathing I slowly looked up at him who coldly stared at me. "Sunghoon-ah.. so you're saying you made my granddaughter fall in love with you just for fun?" He said out slowly not looking at me, rather keeping his eyes closed as I gulped biting my lips. But I needed to overcome this. You can do this Sunghoon. For Hyerin.

"I thought it was for fun sir.. until I started liking her back." I stood up from my knees and with all my courage looked at the older man as he narrowed his eyes at me. "Should I kill you for hurting my grand daughter Park Sunghoon?" He looked up to down while judging me as I sighed. "I'm sorry sir. I'm trying my best to win her again but she's stubborn. And I've seen her cry after you left her all alone in the cold street. Sir it feels bad to see her in this state. Specially because of me. And I'll do anything to make her feel better. Even if it means to face you."

I confidently stared back at him as the grandpa slightly smirked at me before letting out a genuine smile. "You're a good guy Sunghoon-ah. I forgive you." My heart immediately lit up as I excitedly let out my breathe which I was holding for a while now. "And about Hyerin. Now that I know everything, I really do owe her an apology." He chuckled as I looked down feeling happy.

"But what about you? Do you have any feelings for her?" My smile vanished as I nodded slightly. But the girl wouldn't even talk to me anymore. "Yes I do sir. I like her a lot." With a sad tone I said as he patted my back. "She's stubborn I know." He said out earning a slow nod and a sigh from me.

"But come on, you made me change my mind. Getting her back should be easy for you." He tried his best to make me feel better as I genuinely appreciated his tries. Giving him the fruits, I walked outside the gate slowly and breathed out heavily while the others ran up to me. "That was so good Sunghoon." Jake said out as I nodded ignoring them and walked ahead.

"What's wrong?" Heeseung hyung stopped me as I kept my head down feeling sad because of everything.

"Hyung I don't think she'll give me another chance anymore.."

| | • • • • • | |

I really need to get back to studying since exams are gonna start soon plus I can't keep updating twice a day (even though I can) but then this book will finish very quickly which I don't want so updates are gonna be slower :(

Also I remember asking y'all who my enhypen bias is but never gave the answer 🤡

I am ot7 but my ultimate is Yang Jungwon 💅