24. furious and sad

| | • • • • • | |

| | • • • • • | |

Sunghoon's POV

"What a disgrace to have this kind of grand daughter Mr. Lee."

My father said out as I held his arm from the other side trying to stop him. "Dad said. Enough." He wasn't the type of person to put someone down but he wasn't the type to not have grudges as well. He pushed me away and stared at me with scary eyes. "Why stop Sunghoon? Remember what he did when you ranked 2nd. He should be insulted in front of everyone like he insulted me-"

"Mr. Park!" I flinched at oldest man's high tone as my eyes roamed around Hyerin guiltily. The girl clutched onto her clothe tightly while looking down. She was scared. And was trembling slightly. I was afraid too. Afraid of what wrong things would happen tonight because of me. Grandpa Lee was shocked more than angry. He didn't expect any of this.

He was the only one who was clueless.

My dad just laughed at the old man as the other one confusingly stared at me. "What happened Lee? What happened to the girl you were so proud of once? Or did you just pretend to-" The older Park got cut off by Hyerin who interrupted his sentence with a lash out. "Stop it!" My eyes widened as everyone started whispering. Dad scoffed at the younger girl.

"You can't talk to my grandpa in this manner." Hyerin hesitated to say it but let it out quietly still not able to meet anyone's eyes. Her mother came forward to stop her but she budged her away. "No mom." She faced her grandfather as she took his wrinkled hands and stuttered out the truth. "I-i am really sorry grandpa. I just couldn't go to the match at all. Please forgive me grandpa-"

"Don't." The old man silently said out as Hyerin looked up at the man, a bit surprised. "What?" She asked again but the man looked away. "Don't call me that anymore Lee Hyerin. You really put me down this time." He pushed away his grand daughter's hands as all of us gasped.

"Dad-" Mrs. Lee tried stopping her father but the old man just walked away with his stick. I looked over at Hyerin who unbelievably blinked a couple times looking down as I had the urge to go to her. But she ran away as Heeseung hyung followed his cousin. "Hyerin!" And I just stood there silently feeling guilty about everything.

-

Hyerin's POV

I ran with those high heels on as I felt my feet start getting hurt because of the uncomfortable pressure on it. My wet eyes looked at the small bench in the empty street as I sat over there with my head down. Grandpa's words rang in my ears as I dug my nails into my skin. I was so angry at myself. I let everyone down this time and my head was blowing up out of anger.

But I actually had no one to blame.

Breathing the anger out I just sat there gritting my teeth with my hands in a fist. "Hyerin!" I recognized the voice but didn't look up. The guy's fast footsteps slowed down as he now panted and sighed finding me. "Sis." He said out softly approaching to sit beside me as I looked away not wanting to show him my tears.

"Stop." I said stopping him coming any further and wiped my tears. "Leave Heeseung." He didn't listen to me and sat beside me as I gave him an angry stare. "I'm sorry." He apologized confusing me. "Why?" The older guy looked down clicking his tongue and smiling in a done yet guilty way. "It all started because of me. If I hadn't forced you to help me than none of this would have happened."

Point. Should I kill him now?

"You're a jerk and you know that." Looking away I wiped away my tears with the tissue he gave me. "Yes. I'm sorry. I feel bad that I've to see my baby cousin cry because of something that I had forced you to do." Judging the construction of his sentence I looked at his sheepish smile and scoffed. "Get lost already Lee Heeseung." He just chuckled shaking his head.

It was silent for a while until he spoke again.

"I'm pretty sure Grandpa said all those just in anger. He didn't mean it-"

"He did Heeseung." I knew how much grandpa bragged about me. He used to say I was his biggest treasure. And what I did was like a betrayal for him. How can someone not hate me after what I did? And I knew Grandpa was really angry. But Heeseung refused. "No Hyerin. We're his grandchildren. No matter how angry he is with us, he'll never leave us."

I stared at the man who smiled looking up at the night sky and then joined him in doing that. "Take me for example. I hardly got to the top. Kept messing things around. He warned me so many times. But he never took any action. Remember when he threatened to take away all my ramen packets when I was little? I still can't forget the terror it gave me."

We laughed remembering the old stuffs as I looked down biting my lips. "Are you fine Hyerin?" He talked once again as I knew what he meant. He knew about the Sunghoon matter. "I'm fine." I lied but the guy guessed it and sighed not forcing me anymore. "I can tell that he feels guilty Rin."

I shook my head convincing that it was all a lie and Sunghoon was just acting. "I don't want to talk about him Heeseung." My cousin nodded his head and stood up as I looked at him. "Sure but you're sensitive, I know that. Go back to your house after you feel better." With that he walked away as I let out a sigh and played with my fingers. Will Grandpa ever forgive me? Was Heeseung telling the truth? That our grandfather would never disown us?

I didn't know anything but I sure did feel bad about today.

Sunghoon from the other side of the road watched the girl who just fidgeted with her fingers. He noticed everything. How she was breathing so fast and how red her eyes were. He wanted to go hug her but he knew the girl wouldn't accept him again.

Not until he shows her how much he loved her.

| | • • • • • | |

Hi I'm tired 🤭

aNyWaYs guess my enhypen bias 👀 (I'm ot7 but I do have an ultimate bias 🙈)