Nostalgia

(Your POV)

A duffle bag to your left. You sat in peace watching the orange beautiful sun rise. Tucked your legs in and wrapped your arms around them. This was the most peace you had felt in a long time. All your troubles flew out the window when you sat on that green grass and stared into the gorgeous sunrise.
You thought about things you wanted to do when you went back to the underground. There were a few things you needed to do though. You needed to find those orphans, you needed to look back at your old house you lived in as a teen. These things could  find you some closure and help you to decide who you wanted to be. You heard light footsteps behind you. It was Levi, holding a back over his shoulder and looking at the ground. You stood up. "Thanks for coming. Let's go." You said in a calm voice.
You and Levi walked together in silence to the stairs to go underground. "I'll take us to my house and then I have to take care of something, you are free to join me." You looked at Levi.
He nodded back. Still he hadn't said a single word. You both walked down the stairs and took in the sight of the underground that you hadn't seen in years. Silently, you both walked through the streets and to your house.
You both finally got to your door. You dropped your bag on the porch and closed your eyes. You took a deep breath and smiled a bit. Levi looked at you confused.
You took out your key and opened your door. There sat about 10 kids in your house, there eyes widened when they saw you.  You beamed with happiness as you saw how big they had all gotten. You ran inside and threw open your arms. Once they realized it was you they all ran towards you and dog piled on you.
"(Y/N)! I KNEW YOU WOULD COME BACK!" A small voice squealed.
Another voice cried, "Thank you for coming back!"
Other voices stayed quiet as they tried to hold back their tears.
You laughed happily underneath all of them. You pushed them all off of you and hugged them each individually.
"Look at how big you all have gotten!" You said with your voice breaking.
All there eyes averted to the door, and in a split second, they all simultaneously wiped away their tears and straightened their faces. You looked back, Levi was standing there by the door with his jaw wide open. You looked back to the kids, "Very good. I'm glad you remembered, but its ok, this is a friend of mine." You said as you walked over to Levi and pulled him inside. They all stared him down with confusion for a minute in silence.
"I have a surprise for you all!" You said quietly but excited.
They all gasped and looked back to you.
"WHAT IS IT WHAT IS IT!?" One pulled on your arm.
You smiled and picked him up in your arms, "I am taking all of you into the market, and you can get whatever you want! Sweets! Toys! Anything!"
All the kids screamed and jumped up and down.
"Come on now! Let's go!" You ran out the door.
They all followed quickly behind you.
But you stopped when you realized someone was left behind. You ran back into the house and grabbed Levi's arm, dragging him with you. All of you sprinted to the market with excitement.
You handed each kid a pouch filled with money and let them run off in the market. "I'll be sitting on this bench, come back when you are done!" You shouted as the ran off.
You pushed Levi down on the bench and sat beside him. Watching all the children run around buying all their favourite things in delight, you smiled. "I promised these kids that I would come back for them. I lend them my house and taught them how to live. It's funny, I forgot that kids grow up. They all look so different now." You softly smiled. Levi looked to you. "I've never seen this side of you before (Y/N). All these children seem so important to you..."
You looked to face Levi, "All those times I hesitate, I think of these kids. They see me as a generous woman who is the kindest in the world, and that makes me smile. But I've hid my past from them, they don't need to know it just yet."
Levi sat there silent for another moment. "What are we doing next?"  He smiled.
You gently smiled back, "I'll drop these kids back off at home to play with their toys, and I will go see my old house. I haven't seen it in almost a decade. As soon as I got enough money, I bought a new house, there were too many bad memories in that one." Levi nodded back.