the truth's coming out

Start from the beginning

"oh come on,"

layla steals the soccer ball from kio's feet smirking, slowing her running down knowing the boys aren't good at soccer expect for noah, layla turns back to see josh and kio coming towards her.

she kick flips the ball around the both of them dodging both of them coming to get the soccer ball shooting the soccer ball into the top right hand corner with a smirk.

kio sighed, "okay, how is this fair? you two are both good at soccer," he said looking at his friends who have played soccer basically their whole life, "it's fun,"

layla gets the soccer ball onto her feet doing some soccer tricks, with the sway boys watching in amazement whilst noah smiles at his sister, as she then gets her phone from her shorts recording a tiktok for her spam account.

"how is it being someone's intern, layla?"

josh asked, layla losing her focus from the ball as it comes away from her, finishing her tiktok looking at josh, "it's great, they don't treat me like how a intern is supposed to be treated you know,"

oscar then said, "well, you do have more followers then the three of them combined," layla turned to her best friend furrowing her eyebrows, "huh," the sway boys nod their heads, "that's so true,"

they agreed with what oscar said, making layla look at them with a scoff, "what?" josh looked at layla, "they probably only got you to be their intern because of your following,"

and with that layla was upset at how her friends think that the society las vegas girls only wanted her to be their intern because of her followers, "but—" josh looked at his friend, "it probably is kinda true, i mean do they post videos with you on the house account?"

layla nods her head, "yeah, but just a house do the same with their intern," josh puts his hand to layla's shoulders, "we're not saying it's true or not, we're just saying be careful layla,"

layla moved josh's hand off of her shoulder looking at her twin brother upset with the sway boys and her best friend, "i wanna go home," she said to noah who cleared his throat.

"layla,"

oscar frowned, "we didn't mean anything by it," layla shakes her head, "you know, i thought you guys were okay when i first moved here, but now i know how you guys really feel—" she starts to walk away from them, oscar holding onto his best friend's arm, "wait layla,"

she moves her arm out of his grip, "don't talk to me, just leave me alone," she said tears brimming her eyes, when she turns to oscar, "you knew how excited i was to be wanted by people and not used for something that i am good at or—"

she chokes up feeling her tears come down her face, "layla, i didn't mean it.." she shakes her head at josh and oscar, "you're just like the rest of them, you only want me for things you don't have,"

she looks at him, "people only started following you more after we started hanging out, right?" she asked wanting the answer, "yeah but.." she frowns at oscar's answer, "is that why every time i'm down here, you always hang out with me cause your account not getting enough views?"

she didn't even want to know the answer, walking away from them with her brother beside her who tried to cheer her up, "noah, do you think it's true?"

noah turns to his sister after getting into the driver's seat, "i think what they were saying was kinda true but i don't know, you know them more better than us lay," he said to his sister starting his car up as layla feels more tears fill her eyes looking out of the window.

—————

"layla?"

karina asked, her eyebrows furrowed seeing the said girl walk straight where everyone was in the kitchen having canes, walking upstairs into the guest bedroom where her and karina's stuff was.

closing the door behind her, her knees buckling making her falling straight to the floor, her knees up to her chest breathing heavily feeling herself start to have a panic attack.

thinking about when she joined society las vegas she didn't have that many followers compared to anna's tiktok account.

she didn't even hear anna and karina knocking on the bedroom door wanting layla to open the door up, "layla?" karina asked wanting to hear her best friend, "is everything okay in there?"

layla looks down to her hand after she goes into her duffel bag getting herself her panic attack medication, swallowing one of them slowly feeling herself start to become more calmer.

"layla," she then hears anna's voice from outside the door, "can you talk to us? what happened?" layla stands up, looking at herself in the bedroom mirror seeing her eyes puffy from all the crying.

she unlocks the bedroom door before feeling anna and karina hug the girl in their arms, pulling back seeing the girl's face puffy and red, "oh layla, what happened?"

karina asked layla who looks at her, gulping, "did you only want me to be your guy's intern because of my following?" layla asked wanting to know the answer, "what?"

karina said, layla clears her throat, "did you only want me to be your guy's intern because of how many followers i have or—" karina frowns hearing layla say that, "layla,"

the girl moved away from karina, "is it true or not?" the girl opened and closed her mouth, anna watching the interaction between them, "who said this?"

karina asked wanting to know who said to her best friend, "oscar and the sway boys, but it doesn't matter, is it true or not?" karina looked at anna then to layla, "if it was true what would you say?"

layla scoffs, "oh wow— you guys done a good job at making me believe that you actually wanted me, needed me with you guys," she said to karina, "you guys are just like everyone, you only want me when you need something or want something—"

"layla, that's not true—"

she shakes her head feeling herself start to get overloaded with angry, "i need to go," karina frowned, "layla, i—"

the said girl closes her eyes not wanting tears to come down her face again, "i just need space," she doesn't look at anna coming out of the guest bedroom downstairs before dev and sab come to her.

"hey layla—"

the two of them stop, seeing their friend with tears streaming down her face, "wait, what happened?" dev asked layla who starts to cry, "everyone always uses me when they need something or want something,"

she shakes her head, "i can't be that person anymore," dev was about to hug layla when layla moves past them coming out of the front door, going down the residence calling the one person who she needed at the moment, "zack, hey.. where are you?"

she asked wiping at her tears, "can you come and pick me up?"

—————

author's note:

continue reading to see what happens. will layla go back to talk to karina? or will she leave society Las Vegas? stay tuned everyone 😏