Jae: mom and dad are

Jae: nvm

Jae: I'll tell you at home

Lisa: wtf?

At that exact moment I look up too see Mr Jung's hand held out. "Phone."

***

"What is it then?" 

I say, as I meet Jae in the parking lot outside of school. He scratches his neck uncomfortably,"I'll just tell you at home." 

"NO, you said you'll say it now."

 "Lisa, I don't think you'll want to hear right here-"

"I'm not going to come then." 

I know I sound like a brat, but I really hate it when people hide things from me.

"Fine, just don't get upset, okay?" He places a hand on the steering wheel, looking out in front. "Okay?" 

I say as I dump my bag at the top of the car, taking off my jacket and putting it inside. Damn, it's getting so warm-"Mom and dad are getting..."

"Getting a... what?" I can only think of one word to end that sentence, and that's not it, definitely not it. 

"They're getting a divorce."I look down at Jae, who's looking everywhere else besides me. "You're fucking joking." My voice is stern at first before the panic starts to take over, "Tell me your fucking joking." He doesn't answer, and desperate, I ask again, "Jae, this isn't the time to joke around-"

"Does it look like I'm fucking joking?!" He bangs the horn out of anger, as we attract the attention of more students entering the parking area. "Y-You're lying," I say, as I grab my bag off the car, taking a step backwards. Lisa, come on-" He says as I shut the car door starting to walk away, trying to process whatever he just said, but my brain refuses to believe that. He's just pulling some type of twisted prank on me. A lot of people are watching right now, but I couldn't care less. I know Jae's not lying, he jokes a lot, but something like this... he wouldn't. 

"Lisa don't -" He calls out one more time as I ignore him, bumping into the one and only, Jungkook. My vision is blurry with tears, but I still manage to see the worry in his eyes.

***

I slam the door behind me as soon as I get in, not replying to dad who greeted me and ignoring Jae's protests. "Lisa, come on..." Jae says knocking on the door. "Fuck off." "Lisa, language." I hear the footsteps of my dad as he opens the door to see me, my face buried in my pillow. At the sound of my dad's voice, I feel more tears coming out. There's been tension ever since dad came back, and it's because they knew, they all knew, besides me. 

"Uh... did something happen at school..?" Dad asks awkwardly, clearly not knowing how to handle his own daughter.

 "Dad, I told her." 

There's a silence, "Why?" His tone is angry.

"You wouldn't have told her until right before you left, both of you wouldn't, that's not fair on her."If Jae hadn't told me, then when would they have? And that angers me even more.

***

Namjoon and I sit together at a separate table at the back of the dinner hall. We've been sitting together for the past week, and honestly, I owe him everything, because, without him, I'd be forced to sit back at the table in awkward silence with everyone else. Except now, it's not really like 'everyone else.'