Shit!

Shit! 

Shit!

I'm messed up. I didn't even xerox the papers. Probably they have just arrived. Come on Athena, you can do it! Meanwhile, I called one of the employees Madeline, who works in the HR department, and informed her about the arrival of Mr.Knight. I asked her to print those papers and arrange the meeting room.

Hurrying as fast as I could, I reached the elevator. I pressed the topmost floor because our building has 44 floors. When I stepped out of the elevator I ran into the hardest wall. 

Wait What? A wall how is that possible to have a wall in the middle of the room? 

Then I looked up to see the most captivating eyes I have ever seen. 

He had the most beautiful electric blue pair of eyes. God damn! how can those eyes be this mesmerizing? No one feature makes him so handsome, though his eyes come close. People often speak of the color of his eyes, as if that were of importance, yet he would be beautiful in any shade. From them comes an intensity, an honesty, a gentleness. He has the face of an angel.

Oh my god! He looks like a sex god. 

I have never met a person, probably he is the hottest person on the earth. 

He had the kind of face that stopped me in my tracks. I guess he must get used to that, the sudden pause in a person's natural expression when they looked his way followed by overcompensating with a nonchalant gaze. Of course, the blush that accompanied my cheeks was a dead giveaway. It didn't help that he was so modest with it, it made the girls fall for him all the more.

What the heck am I thinking? God, he probably thinks of me as an idiot who has never seen a guy like him. I mentally face-palmed myself.

He was looking at me with that much intensity in his eyes. That was when I snapped out of my thoughts and decided to distract the awkward staring contest.

"I'm so sorry. That hit me hard and sorry for bumping into Mr...." I said and waited to hear his name.

His reaction was somewhat confusing as if he remembered me from somewhere...I don't know why I got this feeling when he saw me. But he quickly masked it with a blank expression. I was waiting for his answer but we got interrupted by the most annoying voice of my step-father. 

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience,  Mr.Knight. Please come with me and we will give this deal as per your conditions." He begged with pleading eyes while Mr.Knight stood there unwavering despite his begging.

Wow! That was a quiet sight of him begging. Beg all you want at least for him. At least, he would have said his name. I sighed and looked at the sight unfolding in front of me.

Wait for a second!

He was Liam Knight. God damn, I was so screwed now. He is going to punish me for my tardiness. The next minute all I did was panic. What will he do this time?

I was not able to hear the conversation they were speaking I stood still and was somewhat brought to reality by a harsh yanking of my arm. 

"You bitch come with me." He pushed me inside his office and started beating me like a psycho maniac.

"How dare you spoil this deal! Fucking slut, with whom you were whoring around with that ass of yours. You are good for nothing." His hand gripped my throat probably leaving bruises for me to cover up. I was choking for air but his grip tightened around me. 

"I... I  c- can't breathe." I managed to say.

"You deserve to die!" With a harsh slap, he pushed me to the ground and a kick to the ribs made a cry of pain release itself. I held my side and gritted my teeth.

I rolled onto all fours to get myself up. Unfortunately, Mr.Greene took it as an invitation to kick me in the gut. I collapsed to the ground with a pained grunt. Every move was hurting my ribs. He crouched down near my face while I tried to steady my breathing.

"Today you will regret what you did to me." He said laughing at me with a menacing glare.

I tried to run out of his office as I sat in my desk chair and broke down. I fixed my make-up and hair and tried to keep my movements to a minimum. I took a couple of Advil. I've fractured ribs before, but this hurt a hell of a lot more. I went to the kitchen and grabbed an ice pack and sat with it while I did my work.

My phone started ringing. I picked it up without looking at the caller ID.

"Shortcake!" Avery's voice laced me with concern.

"I'm fine Avery. Just pick me up in the evening. I got to go. Bye." 

I'm not in the mood for pity conversations. I know she must have sensed today that I would get beaten up. It's my routine life and I was in no position to file a complaint against them because I know why they are doing this. Because of me who killed their precious daughter, they had to suffer pain. Little did they know I was also going through the same phase of pain without her by my side.

I miss her...

Whose fault is that which I'm going through this...

Will this ever change and will I be okay and be normal as the old Athena?

I don't think that's going to happen after all these years of pain.

Another painful day in my life.

__________________________

Hey, Lovelies! Am sorry I was busy with my projects and I didn't even think of writing.

Do vote and comment.

Thank you for reading!