He Is The Sunlight

Start from the beginning

Though far in the back of my mind, I knew that my bravery was all composed by fear.

Claire's POV

With my unknown dream behind us, we gladly went on with our lives. Like nothing happened. It has been a week since the premiere and I was still silently waiting for Jack's call.. I wondered curiously what that boy was up to. Not to pry or anything, but I ended up talking to Hayley later on and she told me that they have been going out every other night.. Love birds.

Other than that, Taylor was pretty much a free man as Twilight had finally ended. No new movies to audition for quite yet, the phones have been quiet and his agent's been zipped closed. I could tell that there was a slight worry to him now a days, which also troubled me. But he tried his best to be happy in front of me. To keep my morale as high as ever, and I appreciated it. Though I wanted to see him happy also.

December 24th

Just another month, just another week, just another day, but it was Christmas Eve. So it was oddly different. This year, it was Taylors turn to have Christmas over at his parents house.

Last year, wow.. I wish it was hard to remember but its really not.

Ryan wouldn't let me sleep in the same bed as Taylor, making me go up to my room and sleeping there like I always have. 'There will be no fucking in this house!' I swear he had said that. The embarrassment was still fresh in my mind.. Awful, awful brother..

We were due at their household by eight-ish, planning to stay the night and opening presents and gifts the next morning. I felt more excited this year than the last... Probably because there wouldn't be a magnify glass over Taylor and I twenty-four seven.

"Here," Taylor mumbled from behind me, grabbing the handle of my duffel out of my hands. He slung it over his shoulder effortlessly, passing by me with a smirk.

"Show off." I shook my head, trailing after him down the staircase, taking my time with each step.

A chuckle broke the air around us as he set the large bag down by the front door, turning round once I'd gotten to the bottom of the stairs. The sudden appearance startled me, having myself loose balance for a minor second, tripping over my toes and tumbling into his body. My hands grasped his biceps for support as his arms held me tight. I huffed a smile, releasing one hand and maneuvering it underneath the roundness of my stomach, cradling it.

"Clumsy aren't you?" He raised his eyebrow as an act of trying to tick me off.

"Shut up.." It worked. Maybe.

"Glad that you have your own soft landing that's always there for you?"

"Sometimes I'm glad, yes." I paused as a smile started to rise on his tanned skin, "Though that softness can act like a dick," He frowned. "But I deeplyhonestly try to ignore that side." I made my voice jokingly sympathetic.

The expression on his face turned completely straight and I giggled in response. Reaching up a little, I pecked his warm lips.

"Oh babe, its not always your fault." I grinned happily.

"Oh?" His face didn't subside.

"Of course! Its this... this belly." I motioned towards it dramatically. "This is always in the way, making my center of balance bazerk." Did I just say bazerk?

"Well thats definitely understandable." His toned arms pulled me closer.

"You calling me fat?" I snapped at him.

Sarcastically.

His lids widened, "No, I was just... agreeing with what you were saying."

Snickers escaped my lined lips as I laid my head against his chest. "I'm kidding.. I know I'm big." Big didn't do anything of it justice.