he saw paul sitting in the lobby of the building... fuck. "you." the man spoke walking over to him. "what did i tell you no less than three days ago?"

never before has harrys eyes rolled so far into his head. "im twenty for christ sakes, i dont need a babysitter"

"harry, you know-"

"what simon would say, how many dangerous people there are, i could get dragged into a mob of screaming fans? trust me i know" hes spoken way too much today.

paul let out a sigh "i get it, you arent sixteen-seventeen anymore... but its my job to protect you and your safety"

the boy nodded, quickly making his way through the hotel and back to his room. he grabbed the pack of smokes and a lighter he had brought with him, heading to the rooftop.

he pushed through the door, revealing a panoramic view if the city. he leaned against the brick wall just beside the door, placing the cancerous stick in his mouth and lighting it.

letting the chemicals fill his lungs as he took in the sunset above the building. "shouldnt be smoking you know" the boy turned his head to meet with a soft blue eyes.

still he never said anything, louis nows hes a quiet one. he doesnt mind though! he has always been the talkative one of the pair, which made harry the better listener.

"want one?" he asked louis. he took one out of the pack letting harry light it for him.

"oh uh, eleanor says 'hi' by the way" harry tensed up, pulling another smoke as he finished his first one. "we have an interview tomorrow, before sound check" he was quick to change the subject.

louis acknowledged by nodded, inhaling the smoke into his body. harry did the same, the chemicals fell to his lungs, making them feel heavier.

they stayed leaning against the brick wall, having stopped smoking just two cigarettes each and watched the sun set.

harrys stomach started doing flips again when he felt louis smile at him.

unprofessional he kept telling himself, his mind running over that word for what felt like a trillionth time.

"there you two are!" niall was now standing in front of them "we are off to get dinner, you lot coming?"

"i was just gonna stay in tonight" harry looked down to his feet. "its alright mate, lou?"

"ive had a long day, i will just grab something from the vending machine or something"

niall muttered a few words they werent able to pick up. they made their way back to the floor they were staying on saying a quick 'see ya' to the boys.

back in his room, harry was overthinking again. i couldve stopped it... long before it got bad. i wouldve been able to. he didn't know any better than i did. we cou- there was a knock on the door.

he got up of his bed and opened the door. "been knocking for two minutes harold... you okay?" louis stood in the frame of the door.

"yeah im fine... why?" he asked a little confused, did he not look fine?

"you got tears in your eyes love" louis' hand made its way to wipe the tear out of the taller boys eye. "i didnt even realize" he whispered to more himself than the other boy by the door.