The Never-ending Night Pt2

"Lets go now" Mihno shouted charging out of the room. I followed quickly turning my head to realise that the Glade I called home was up in flames. The place I had lived in for 6 months, the place that had seen it all, the only real place I remember was destroyed. My eyes glistened with tears as I took in my surroundings. It was gone. 

My sadness switched to anger. I was going to kill those creators for everything they have ever done to us. We charged into the glade clearing to see a griever attacking the other group. A quick feeling of relief washed over me as I saw each one of them. I snapped back into game mode and started to launch my spear at the griever. I hit its eye buying us time. "Council hall now" Thomas screamed louder than the griever as he made a sprint in that direction. 

We all chased after him, running for our lives. Thomas stopped running "Taylor take the lead, put them in the council hall now" He shouted at me while I nodded. I sprinted to the front of the pack "You heard Thomas's orders" I shouted leading them into the hut. I opened the door to find Chuck and Winston hiding in the middle of the room. I stood by the door making sure that everyone got in. I waited for Thomas but he wasn't anywhere to be found. "Taylor get over here" Mihno shouted but I shook my head "Not until Thomas gets here, I know he will" I stood by the door not realising Chuck was still stood beside me. I looked down at him. "Chuck nows not the time to be brave, go and stand with everyone ok buddy" I looked at him firmly and then messed up his hair. He nodded and walked over to the rest of the crowd. 

Then I saw them, Thomas and the Medjacks running with Alby slung over there shoulders. I kept quiet hoping a griever wouldn't see them. They made it to the door. Thomas helped me board the door up. No words were exchanged between anyone we all just huddled in the centre of the room spears in hands. Moments of silence filled the room, everyone on guard, trying to hear the grievers next moves. 

Then it started banging against the door. It didnt break through so it jumped on the roof. We all huddled closer, thought to be impossible. We watched its shadows above us dance like an innocent party. A robotic arm broke through the ceiling trying to grab us. We all ducked in time. It turned in circles before trying to pull the support beam. These things are smart  That was my only thought before the roof caved in crashing me to the ground. 

A cloud of smoke filled the air as I tried to move some of the wood of me "Is everyone alright" Newt shouted out. "Help...... Help" Someone was yelling from across the hut. I looked up to see Thomas lunge forward to save him but he missed and the boy was dragged away. A few coughs were let out by fellow Gladers. I managed to push all the debris of me and stand up. I looked to my side to see Frypan struggling to get up. "You ok Fry" I grabbed his hand pulling him up "Alright" He rushed off his clothes. We were all confused and disorientated then it struck again. 

You could hear its footsteps, The machinery clicking as it got closer. Suddenly it burst a whole in the ceiling grabbing Chuck. "Chuck" Somone yelled as a few of us lunged and held onto Chucks arms. I held his hand trying to pull him back, My thoughts only focused on saving him. No, no I couldn't loose my little brother I couldn't loose him not yet. "Chuck don't let go" Thomas shouted almost losing his footing. "No shit" Chuck yelled in-between screams. We were all grunting trying to pull him back "Dont let him go" Newt shouted this time. I didnt shout anything I just put all of my strength into saving him. I held his hand tightly never willing to let go, never willing to except defeat. 

Then there was a sudden yell from Alby as he picked up a weapon and started to hit the grievers stinger with it. He started screaming and shouting while his sanity was drained from him. The stinger broke off falling to the ground as the arm let go of Chuck making us all tumble to the ground. Newt landed basically on top of me "Newt are you ok" I squirmed out form underneath him. "As good as its gonna get, you" he stood up dusting off his trousers "Same" i didnt bother faking a smile at him, he always knew when I was faking anything so there was no point. 

Alby screamed out of the hole that the griever had just left. I heard the end of Thomas and Chucks conversation "Yeah I'm fine, thanks Alby" Chuck Let out a few coughs while looking up at our leader. Then the clicks started got louder. "Griever watch...." I yelled as something burst through the roof and grabbed onto Alby. "Alby" Thomas screamed as he grabbed onto Alby. "Thomas.... Thomas" Alby was hanging upside down "Get them out" he screamed as he let go of the roof. 

"Alby" I shouted jumping forward as if I could save him. I knew he was gone. Everything was suddenly muffled as a light buzzing noise took over my ears. I was separated from the world. I was there but I wasn't. Alby was gone. Then my thoughts shifted to Gally. Gally could be dead I don't know wear he went and his last words to me were don't die. I didnt even get to say a goodbye. 

My hearing went back to full volume as I was sucked out of my thoughts. Thomas started to walk outside we all followed scared of what we would find. I walked outside to see that there was nothing left of the Glade. A few burnt buildings and some fires that needed putting out, thats all I could see of my once life filled home. 

I looked around. There was no one. My heart sank. Then my thoughts ran to Gally. Maybe he's still alive maybe he was smart enough to hide and not get taken or killed. Then shadows of people walked towards us. I knew who it was. It was Gally.