The Late Night Walk

Though I couldn't walk very well I went on a limp around the grass, checking out every square inch of this place. Time got away from me and it got late into the night. I was doing my third lap of the walls when I heard a noise

A snap in a twig from behind me, I stopped running my hand against the wall and turned to see Newt stood behind me "whoa, you know how to sneak up on someone" I jumped round now facing him "sorry just couldn't sleep" He replied sitting down leaning against the wall. I sat down a few feet away from him. We sat looking out onto the peaceful land for minutes, silence took over the glade again. 

"So is this your spot or something" I turned to Newt "kinda, sleeps not the easiest thing for me so I go on a lot of late night walks" he was still staring out onto the dark land "I can leave if you want to be left to your thoughts" I pointed to another wall "i'll just crash over there for the night" he looked at me "no its good, sometimes someones company is better than words" he turned back round and stared into the darkness once more. 

I was getting really tired but still didnt trust this guy "well I'm sleepy as hell so I'm going to turn in for the night" I picked up my crutches and looked down on Newt "where are you sleeping" he looked confused "against that wall, I heard its really comfy" I smiled and turned away "night greenie" he whispered from behind me "night". 

I walked to the other wall and found a break in the vines, I sat myself down and got comfy. I was just staring out onto the empty box. A thought didnt seem to leave my head, why did the scratch in the chair seem so familiar. I took one last scan of the grassy land and drifted into a deep sleep.