The Sleepless Night

I didnt sleep, I couldn't sleep, every time the image of Gally left my head he would scream sending me down the same spiral all over again. 

I didnt write in my book, I couldn't bring myself to do it I knew I would relapse and start screaming and crying myself. 

Nothing happened that night, I don't really know if any of the other Gladers got to sleep but I was the furthest away from it. I knew two people that didnt get to sleep, they were Mihno and Newt. Midway through the night Mihno and Newt ended up finding me and sitting next to me on both sides, comforting me and themselves, we agreed that we would all go and see Gally in the morning to talk to him and see how he's doing, though they warned me that he could be in a comma state, we won't know until we see him tomorrow. 

The night dragged on for what felt like way longer than it should have. Mihno was still trying to persuade me to be a runner, I think he nagged on me so much my mind was slowly starting to  like the idea but Mihno doesn't need to know that. 

It was the same cycle all night, me, Mihno and Newt would have an amazing conversation and joke about then Gally would scream, then we all fell into silence. 

Conversation. Scream. Silence. Over and over again. 

When the sun finally came over the Glade walls everyone was up, we all had massive bags under our eyes, no one got sleep they were all stuck in the same cycle as I had been all night. 

I ended up in the kitchen helping Frypan cook with Newt. Mihno was getting the runners ready. Me and Newt can barley cook so Frypan was having to correct our every movement. We were all short tempered today, no sleep really dose things to your brain. 

Frypan let me ring the bell this morning, That seemed to be the only pleasant noise to cover the Glade for the first time in days.