The Never-ending Night

We ran outside, I was only a few steps behind Thomas. "Hey Winston what's going on" Thomas walked up to Winston stopping him from running. "Its the doors they aren't closing" Winstons face was covered in panic, he ran off with a long torch in his hands. I followed Winston with my eyes. A group of 6 or 7 Gladers stood with long torches in there hands surrounding the North Wall. Newt grabbed my arm "Stay close to me, Always" He turned to me before beginning to follow the group dragging me with him. 

I looked back to see that Gally wasn't following "Gally. What?........" I couldn't get my words out. He scanned the Glade before making eye contact with me. He ran after me "Dont die" He kissed my cheek before running another way "Gally...... GALLY........" I tried to stop running to go after him but Newt noticed and turned round "Tay stay close to me I mean it" he took my hand and squeezed it. I nodded. A sadness took over me but no tears came, the adrenaline mixed with fear stopped them. 

We reached the wall a loud terrifying noice took over. We all shouted looking around us. The other doors were opening. Another sound just like the first but slightly quieter sounded out this time. All the doors had opened. We all stood in shock. Newt dropped my hand and pulled his hands through his hair racking his brain for something to say, a plan. 

Thomas took charge "Alright chuck I want you to go to council hall, ok start barricading the doors" Thomas turned to chuck. Chuck replied "Mhm". "Winston you go with him" Newt pointed at Winston as he nodded. "Mihno I want you to grab every weapon you can find, Meet you at you at council hall" Thomas turned to Mihno putting his trust in him "Alright lets go" Mihno began a sprint followed by several Gladers. I was focused on Thomas until I felt a tug on my arm. It was Newt he had grabbed my arm and was dragging me with him and Mihno and a few others to get weapons. It took me a second to get me feet underneath me but I started to run, faster than I think I ever had. I overtook Mihno in front and was now leading the group. 

I got into the weapons room before anyone else and started to look for spears and other useful weapons. Soon Mihno was in the room joined by everyone else. A faint shout caught me out of my daze. Someone from one of the doors was shouting "Grievers, run" a shiver took over me as a loud screech filled the Glade. Grievers. 

I was spaced out for seconds while all my memories of grievers flashed before my eyes. I was snapped back into reality by Mihno shouting "Get all the weapons you can carry now" spit was flying form his mouth as he threw Frypan a spear. I had a spear and a short knife in my hand. I was ready. I had been doubting myself this whole time, doubting the plan but in that moment all of the doubt was gone and replaced with adrenalin.